KFI plow updates

/ KFI plow updates #21  
Th egged holes are between two plates so any added thickness needs to be compensated for. I also moved two holes so as to work better with our setup so the washer thing wouldn't work very well. Nonetheless, going to 5/8 lock pins wasn't hard to add and should take care of future wear? :unsure:
Ahh now I see the problem your having yep definitely not much clearance without reconfiguration.

Attachments

• KIMG1484.JPG
    KIMG1484.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 74
   / KFI plow updates
Another user after we'd got this plow did state these holes egg out. Hopefully with more meat in the plates AND moving up to a 5/8th pin will make it go a few years.... Its kind a strange that this plow is built so much more heavy build than the moose one we used was on the boss was. Yet its pin angle system is weak.. :sick:

/ KFI plow updates #23  
Another user after we'd got this plow did state these holes egg out. Hopefully with more meat in the plates AND moving up to a 5/8th pin will make it go a few years.... Its kind a strange that this plow is built so much more heavy build than the moose one we used was on the boss was. Yet its pin angle system is weak.. :sick:
Before I bought my kfi plow bought a cheap one off an eBay store, almost every time I used it I was welding or fixing something on it. These are much better imo. Anyways thanks for posting I'll start keeping a closer eye on the holes and pins.

/ KFI plow updates #24  
The paint is hardly scraped off that plow and your alreaty having to modify it..that's a shame.
There isn't one vehicle or piece of equipment on my yard that hasn't been modified. Even if just in some minor way. When products are built to a saleable standard there is always room for change to improve them.

/ KFI plow updates
I took a few photos as I finished it up and I'll post them sometime soon. Thanks for the kind comments. (y)

/ KFI plow updates
There isn't one vehicle or piece of equipment on my yard that hasn't been modified. Even if just in some minor way. When products are built to a saleable standard there is always room for change to improve them.
Man you got that right. :p Most tools I got. I changed some to make them work better for our particular needs.

/ KFI plow updates #27  
We have one of these units on our 6x6. Does anyone else here use it? Looks like I'll have to be modifying ours since I've put it to use. View attachment 776031

As stated on there retail we page.
--------------------------------------------------
Pro-Series (Straight) Blade:

• Pushes snow straight ahead
  • Measures 16" tall
  • Heavy duty grade-8 steel wear bar bolts
  • Fully-adjustable blade skids with bolt-on brackets
  • Heavy duty 3"-diameter grade-50 steel skid plates
  • 3/16" steel ribbing for a strong bolt-up to the swivel tube
  • 7" high 2 ply Rubber Snow flap included on 66" and 72" blades
  • Includes a 3" wide x 3/16" thick 2-sided grade-50 steel wear bar
  • 2-year KFI warranty

I find your winch angle really shallow I would insert it in the holes I have circle below it would deviate lots of stress.

1673004303127.png
1673004278896.png

/ KFI plow updates
   / KFI plow updates
I don't have much for pics but here is some. In the top one, you can see a hole in the center and its has a bottom to it. This is the roation pin hole so only 1/4 an inch of insercuion can be attached with the pin. Of cosure it was egged. I drilled throught the lower plate to give it more material and allow the pin to go a bit lower.. I beleive this was a designe flaw when they added the extenion, the hole was covered.. In the lower photo yuou can see the top plate as well.
P1140437.jpg
P1140439.jpg

/ KFI plow updates #30  
We have one of these units on our 6x6. Does anyone else here use it? Looks like I'll have to be modifying ours since I've put it to use. View attachment 776031

As stated on there retail we page.
--------------------------------------------------
Pro-Series (Straight) Blade:

• Pushes snow straight ahead
  • Measures 16" tall
  • Heavy duty grade-8 steel wear bar bolts
  • Fully-adjustable blade skids with bolt-on brackets
  • Heavy duty 3"-diameter grade-50 steel skid plates
  • 3/16" steel ribbing for a strong bolt-up to the swivel tube
  • 7" high 2 ply Rubber Snow flap included on 66" and 72" blades
  • Includes a 3" wide x 3/16" thick 2-sided grade-50 steel wear bar
  • 2-year KFI warranty
I have one on my RTV900, i placed a pulley on the plow as suggested for a UTV. It's new but I have worked it without an issue.