JD Gator year/ model

/ JD Gator year/ model #11  
Yep, definitely a 1998. Parts to add a spin on filter are available. Probably not necessary if you keep the oil changed but I added one at overhaul.

/ JD Gator year/ model
Yep, definitely a 1998. Parts to add a spin on filter are available. Probably not necessary if you keep the oil changed but I added one at overhaul.

Must have been added before he bought it. Already had a spin on oil filter on motor. I didn’t look real close. But thought it was part of the block where it spun on. Just took off. Matched at auto parts store

/ JD Gator year/ model #13  
With the response that you got here, you probably don't need this link. There's some helpful guys there, just seems like there's little "traffic".

/ JD Gator year/ model
IMG_4825.JPG

This is a pic taken from passenger side. Held phone down at bottom of motor to take pic.

/ JD Gator year/ model #15  
From what I can tell most of the 4x2’s did not come with a filter. Maybe it was an option. The filter adapter bolts on in lieu of a plate. If you look close at your pic you can see the hex head of one of the two bolts that attach the adapter. Because these are air cooled engines you will do yourself a favor by blowing every bit of dirt off of your engine, especially around and under the sheet metal baffles.

/ JD Gator year/ model #16  
I have one 4x2 and two 6x4’s. I love these machines.
4FED50AA-7E8D-478C-A51F-7669FE0AB7ED.jpeg
07C929F7-A2C4-4718-95EF-65E865EADE21.jpeg
AEB9811B-EAE9-407A-9B0A-9065D497E410.jpeg

/ JD Gator year/ model
From what I can tell most of the 4x2’s did not come with a filter. Maybe it was an option. The filter adapter bolts on in lieu of a plate. If you look close at your pic you can see the hex head of one of the two bolts that attach the adapter. Because these are air cooled engines you will do yourself a favor by blowing every bit of dirt off of your engine, especially around and under the sheet metal baffles.

When he got this machine. I used my 3000psi powerwasher. Could hardly make out an engine. I stuck the wand in every angle. From the top looks great. Yesterday after I attached the pic. Zoomed in an could see all the dirt. Boy this thing is hard to clean. Super info. I had none. So thanks
Bill

/ JD Gator year/ model #18  
On the 4x2 the owner added kit was the only way to add the filter, we fussed at Deere when I was there to make it standard, but their answer was it came without it from Kawasaki, owner can buy and add if they wish. We put a lot of the kits on before they ever left the dealer

/ JD Gator year/ model
On the 4x2 the owner added kit was the only way to add the filter, we fussed at Deere when I was there to make it standard, but their answer was it came without it from Kawasaki, owner can buy and add if they wish. We put a lot of the kits on before they ever left the dealer

Yeah, I’ve told friends for forty years. Changing your oil without changing filter is like taking a shower and putting old underwear back on 🤣. I have changed oil in all my machines like a person that’s OCD. 3000 miles on cars no mater what. My truck with Synthetic says 15000 miles. ( 9 quarts). I don’t care. Know it’s probably a stupid cost on my part. I change it at 4-5000 max. I look at it as a 401k plan. Get out at the end what you put in today.
Back to to the gator: I put a new Hobbs meter on. ( it was broke 452hrs). The dash had one light for parking brake lamp.
Can you tell me what originally Went in the other holes ? Take any info I can get. Google images just doesn’t show much.

/ JD Gator year/ model #20  
The filter is an add-on
Have mine now to "add-on". Did it for someone else, but not yet on mine.. duh!

My five-year old great grand daughter came for a one day visit from TX ... asked "can I drive?". So put her behind the wheel..