JD Gator year/ model

/ JD Gator year/ model #1  

Wvanatti

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2305 (2010)
Know this site is mostly about tractors. But looking for any assistance on finding the year and model of a JD gator my son has. The only numbers we could find are on the engine decals. It’s a 2 x4 with dump bed. Thanks to anyone that might know. Pics attached

/ JD Gator year/ model
IMG_4795.JPG
IMG_4794.JPG
IMG_4794.JPG

/ JD Gator year/ model #3  
A picture of the gator would help, I believe the 290 engine was used in the 4x2 gator but would have to do some reading. Deere put a serial number plate on the rear, just to the right of the center post where a hitch could be bolted, it was also stamped on the top of the outside of the frame rail under the passenger seat.

/ JD Gator year/ model #4  
Pic of my 24 yr old 2001 4x2 Gator. It is like the energizer bunny.. just goes and goes and goes. Never a complaint but for the lift linear actuator stripped studs (easy fix).

Attached S/N tag on rear frame.

Attached engine tag as well. Looks to be the same engine FE290D-CS08, but an earlier mfg. number.

Attachments

• 2001 Gator.jpg
    2001 Gator.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1187.jpg
    IMG_1187.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 68
  • Gator motor id.jpg
    Gator motor id.jpg
    503 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
   / JD Gator year/ model #5  
They are tough, mine is a 98, other than a belt and a starter a couple Of years ago, it’s never failed me. They’re not fancy or fast, but very dependable!

/ JD Gator year/ model #6  
If the serial Number tag is missing the number is also stamped on the frame. It somewhere from the late 90’s to early 2000’s. I just rebuilt one of these FE290D’s. Very robust engine that includes an oil pump that runs around 50 psi oil pressure. I added a spin on oil filter.

/ JD Gator year/ model
IMG_4823.JPG

Thanks for all the info posted. Apologies for long delay checking. Been down hard with COVID.
So with the info. Checked under passenger seat. Could see decal that was painted over. Took a razor an scrapped. So does the last number mean it’s a 2014. Or am I way off ? Doesn’t matter the age. Runs great. Just want infor for future part ordering an specs. Again, thanks much.

/ JD Gator year/ model
Pic of my 24 yr old 2001 4x2 Gator. It is like the energizer bunny.. just goes and goes and goes. Never a complaint but for the lift linear actuator stripped studs (easy fix).

Attached S/N tag on rear frame.

Attached engine tag as well. Looks to be the same engine FE290D-CS08, but an earlier mfg. number.

Beenthere, My sons looks exactly like yours minus the overhead canopy and rear plate decal. Oh, and not as well cared for.
Im just going thru it cleaning it up. Changed oil an filter, rebuilt carb. New sheathing on all wiring. New fuel pump. I put a new spark plug in. The old one gap was set .45. This all started me wondering the year. Looks like it should be set at .30 That’s what I put in a couple weeks ago, but haven’t started it yet. Appreciate your time. On a side note: he has a Kubota tractor same size as my JD2305. Always a competitor on which was best. Now he has a JD Gator

/ JD Gator year/ model #9  
She’s a 1998 model
The model like yours and mine was made from 1993- 2004

1998 Model (SN W004X2X028039-036169)

/ JD Gator year/ model
She’s a 1998 model
The model like yours and mine was made from 1993- 2004

1998 Model (SN W004X2X028039-036169)

Thanks much for that. Had know idea the year. Appreciate the effort it took to look it up