How are we gonna fix this

/ How are we gonna fix this #1  

orezok

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
My grandson had the drain in his shower run slow. He tried rooting it several times withou luck. He hired a rooter service and they could not get past a couple of feet before rejection. He then had them camera it to see what the issue was.

70B4A3F2-143D-4F05-9973-8E898C24F354.jpeg
Here is what they saw.

They quoted him $3800 to jack hammer out the floor and then replace the tile.

I said that’s crazy and let me see what I can do. I thought about it for a while and said, I wonder if I can pull it out with my shop vac. Stuck it on the drain and in 2 seconds…

Here’s the result.
2FECC16C-BF4F-4807-A3BD-8F69AC15843C.jpeg

/ How are we gonna fix this #2  
Dude you just have to let the professionals do their job..... quit showing them the country ways.

Last edited:
   / How are we gonna fix this #3  
Wow! Good thinking!
You should go show the owner of the company that trick. I'm sure they could a lot of people a lot of $.

/ How are we gonna fix this #4  
My grandson had the drain in his shower run slow. He tried rooting it several times withou luck. He hired a rooter service and they could not get past a couple of feet before rejection. He then had them camera it to see what the issue was.

View attachment 782852Here is what they saw.

They quoted him $3800 to jack hammer out the floor and then replace the tile.

I said that’s crazy and let me see what I can do. I thought about it for a while and said, I wonder if I can pull it out with my shop vac. Stuck it on the drain and in 2 seconds…

Here’s the result.
View attachment 782853
Well that sucks.

/ How are we gonna fix this #5  
Before i saw the results, i was thinking about a magnet gripper tool. I have a flexable one in shop. That vac idea was great.

/ How are we gonna fix this #7  
My neighbor is a retired electrician. He used a shop vac, and a line attached to a foam plug to fish a line through conduit so he could pull wires through. It was about 65 feet from the shop to the stable.
I did the same to my garage. I learned that from an electrician at my previous employer. Works great.

/ How are we gonna fix this #8  
We did that all the time. On large jobs, had a pressurized tank of helium gas and special adaptor that shot line thru pipes 100’s of feet away.

/ How are we gonna fix this #9  
We did that all the time. On large jobs, had a pressurized tank of helium gas and special adaptor that shot line thru pipes 100’s of feet away.

Why would they use helium which is quite expensive vs using compressed air?

/ How are we gonna fix this #10  
It was a tank that looked like a scuba tank. Fully portable, and pressures remained stable thru entire tank. Mind you this was 10+ years ago before gasses became so expensive.