Harbor Freight

/ Harbor Freight #21  
i do a lot of light welding, such as cracks in lawnmower decks. i am by no means a professional welder but welding up these decks keeps them from cracking farther and if there is a small hole i weld a thin piece of metal over the hole. i use a 1/16 6013 rod and the hf rods are the cheapest i have found and they work fine.

/ Harbor Freight #22  
If you have an inverter welder, the rod brand isn't the problem , It's the inverter welder.
If you want a good weld with any brand rod, Buy an transformer welder. Not an inverter.
I have this new everlast, and It's difficult to keep the rod lit, no matter the rod brand.
My old tombstone will out weld this everlast machine all day !

/ Harbor Freight #23  
If you have an inverter welder, the rod brand isn't the problem , It's the inverter welder.
If you want a good weld with any brand rod, Buy an transformer welder. Not an inverter.
I have this new everlast, and It's difficult to keep the rod lit, no matter the rod brand.
My old tombstone will out weld this everlast machine all day !
Man you should be having no issues with that welder. I would be talking to customer support. I own a Omnipro 220 from Harbor freight and have no issues with 7018, 6013,6011. Seems like those Everlast welders are multiple levels above the Omnipro in terms of functions, options and quality.

/ Harbor Freight #24  
Bet they are both made in some Oriental sweatshop. I prefer a transformer welder myself unless it's a TIG machine.

/ Harbor Freight #25  
Man you should be having no issues with that welder. I would be talking to customer support. I own a Omnipro 220 from Harbor freight and have no issues with 7018, 6013,6011. Seems like those Everlast welders are multiple levels above the Omnipro in terms of functions, options and quality.
Yeh, mines an inverter welder too, got no problems with them HF rods.

/ Harbor Freight #26  
Most inverter stick welders worth their salt will have hot start and arc force adjustment. If a guy can't stick weld with those features I'd suggest Mig.

/ Harbor Freight #27  
Most inverter stick welders worth their salt will have hot start and arc force adjustment. If a guy can't stick weld with those features I'd suggest Mig.
this everlast has hot start, but it's still difficult to keep the rod lit . If you get the rod just a little away from the work it goes out.
Never an issue with my transformer machine.

I would hate to be learning to weld on one of these machines. Heck, it makes me go nuts at times, and I've been welding since the 70's.. back then for a living .

/ Harbor Freight #29  
Pretty well kept secret but HF solid wire is the same as Innerfil wire just different packing.
This wire?
91Rwi4gvpkL._AC_UL320_.jpg

I've settled on INE's flux core wire as best-available. I wonder if HF's flux core also comes from INE?

/ Harbor Freight #30  
Another thing to consider with the inverter stick units is that if it's not designed to run 6010-6011 it simply won't do it.