Snow Equipment Owning/Operating First snow!!!

/ First snow!!! #11  
44trx..

Look familiar /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Can't remember who mentioned it first but I read it too.

LAX,

But, where are the PIC.'s??? We were promised 3-10" and got squat! All rigged up and no snow to blow /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

Attachments

• 776225-Weights for RB_1.JPG
    776225-Weights for RB_1.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 321
   / First snow!!! #12  
Funny /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Your adding weight to the back blade and I'd prefer mine was lighter. It likes my undulating asphalt, even with the shoes. We are always adjusting our implements to suit. Gettin dialed in.....Half the fun. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ First snow!!! #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Funny Your adding weight to the back blade and I'd prefer mine was lighter.)</font>

For the most part, I love my sub-cut GC2300. But I think the implements for these machines generally tend to run toward the lighter side. On dry-moderate snow, my backblade will keep pretty good contact with the ground, but in wetter, packable snows, it tends to ride up over the snow. The weights really help the blade to maintain ground contact.

/ First snow!!! #14  
<font color="blue"> (Once upon a time, in a land far, far away....) </font>

Great narrative. I laughed so hard when I read your story. I could just see myself doing the same thing.

It made for great Thanksgiving dinner conversation too. Thanks for being willing to share.

/ First snow!!! #15  
Well, it's finally happening...We're getting snow. There's a good two inches right now and it's still coming down hard. I wanted so bad to hook up the box blade tonight in the dark and start moving white stuff, but I stayed inside with my wife and kids instead and hung lights on the Christmas tree.

Tomorrow morning at the crack of dawn, though...I'll be out there. This will be my first chance to move snow with a tractor. Expect pictures of my little tractor when it gets stuck.

/ First snow!!! #16  
Chris,

Actually, I generally don't use the extra weight for the RB for snow. The medium blade and the front end blower seem to be a pretty good balance. The weights are for counter balance to heavy loads in the FEL (generally dirt, gravel, overload...). The 1st storm we got here was 10" of very wet snow, dropping the utility power for about 20 hr.s. I hadn't put the blower on yet (and am not sure I wanted as the ground hadn't even begun to freeze). So, I cut my way out of a bunch of downed trees in 600' drive, dropped the BH, picked up the RB and bucketed and bladed the snow. The extra weight worked pretty well with the bucket pushing and then lifting the wet snow. The extra weight also seemed to slow down the lift of the RB, a little, as I tried to feather above the gravel and mud surface...maybe just my imagination (it gets active with enough seat time /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif). Ofcourse, I could have just dialed back the adjuster another little bit but what fun would that have been?

Tom