Ditch Witch C99

/ Ditch Witch C99 #131  
Hello if you happen to have a manual for the old c99 ditch witch I sure would appreciate it. I can give you my sons email it’s colbyrea15@gmail.com im not current with technology so don’t have an email but if you have any time to send a manual for that machine I’d greatly appreciate it
Check my post from Aug 13, 2018. It might address the drive issue you are having.

/ Ditch Witch C99 #132  
I know this is an old post could anyone please send me a copy of the c99 manual

thank you.

/ Ditch Witch C99 #134  
Still need them? I have all the manuals including the engine.

/ Ditch Witch C99 #137  
Still need them? I have all the manuals including the engine.
I need them. Since you posted this on my 70th birthday, it could be a present :) Fabco@cox.net I don't care about spam. I just delete it as soon as it comes in.

I just picked up what looks like a decent C99 from Craigslist. I operated these machines (including the C4 and C7) in the early 70's at my first real adult job. Im retired but I still like to dig and was passively looking for an old walk behind trencher at a good price. If I can get this thing running it will be well worth the $400. If not, I'll have a large paperweight. :)

Right now Im trying to test the coil but I'm not 100% certain how to do it. No apparent spark from the plug.
Bad plug wire....YAY, easy. Nope.
Bad kill switch on the clutch? Nope. Bypassed it...nothing.

Assuming the coil was just one wire in and one terminal out, I tried testing continuity and got nothing. I goy continuity to ground on the wire but not on the spark plug wire terminal.

Now, Im on the computer :)

Thanks, John

EDIT** I just saw your Google drive pdfs so Im good.

My engine is a AENLD but Im sure it's close to the AENL

Thanks! Who knew there were so many people trying to revive old walk behind trenchers?

Last edited:
   / Ditch Witch C99 #138  
Well, after looking thru the manuals, I couldn't find ANYTHING on how to test the coil or condenser. I don't like to assume but Im stating to assume that no spark equals bad coil/condenser.

/ Ditch Witch C99 #139  
If anyone is still in this thread.......Success. It runs!!

New plug, plug wire, cleaned up points, cleaned up fuel supply and it started right up. Started smoothly and sounded good.

I didn't run it too long because, in all the manuals, I can't find out how to check the engine oil level. There is a tube coming up from the crankcase but no dipstick attached????? I tipped the machine back and saw oil but Im not going to run it until I know it's full.

/ Ditch Witch C99 #140  
Nice work. Mine had some strange white stuff growing on the points. Cleaned them up with some emery cloth and it was good. I'll take a look at the oil level inspection system on mine later today and will get back to you. Also had issues with the safety interlock switch.