Ditch Witch C99

/ Ditch Witch C99 #121  
Sorry I did not get back to you sooner. Have you received a copy of the manuals yet? If not, let me know and I will send.

/ Ditch Witch C99 #122  
It's an oldie alright... but it's a goodie.

I have the manuals in pdf if still needed.

/ Ditch Witch C99 #123  
Can someone send me the manuals and part catalogs? I need a new idler bearing and hoping I can find a generic one.

/ Ditch Witch C99 #124  
Be happy to. Send me your email address and they will be on their way. You should be able to get any part you need from Ditch Witch. That's their thing. Any part for any machine ever.

Gary
BeaconWoods@mchsi.com

/ Ditch Witch C99 #125  
I have a high spring about 1/4 mile from the house that I have considered developing as a water source. I have considered cobbling together a PTO powered ditcher, but probably won't. Too many roots and rocks in the way. I might buy a little tractor with a backhoe on it, put about 100 hours on it, and then sell it again. I need to dig out the spring catchment and then a water line 1/4 mile down the hill. Fortunately, there is a cat road all the way to the spring, and I could trench right down the middle of it.

Ditcher parts are always wearing out or breaking, so you can get a nose wheel, chain, and drive gear anywhere. I could probably scrounge a 90 degree gearbox, and then a couple sheaves and mandrels, plus a steel frame, remote cylinder and valve. Buying and selling a tractor with backhoe would probably be cheaper.

/ Ditch Witch C99 #126  
Daveshoot,

I have a C99. Been using it for about 10 years now on and off for small stuff since I also have a DW 3500. It sure is a digging machine. I can confirm too that it will dig a line, no doubt. It sure is a tricky unit to operate though! Lots of things to know and in the proper order.

If you have the manual, you probably know this. Start the machine in freewheel at the start of the trench then put it in reverse. By the time it starts crawling back, you should have the chain boom down to the depth you want.

Second tip. NEVER, EVER have the engine throttled up all the way and engage the drive lever (main lever on the right side). If the gear set is ready to go forward, the machine will take off like a bat out of ****! Took me for a ride the first time it happened. Wow! Lucky to not get hurt.

Its a great machine, never had much trouble with it. Starts great too. But, I now have one issue. The boom raising mechanism is not working. Binding up for some reason. I have it torn apart but I need to find out how to disassemble the last part of the threaded rod. Mind sending me the manuals you have? I found this site searching for help on it.

Thanks
How's it going daveshoot I just sent you a dm asking about those c99 manuals you would be helping me tremendously if you could send those over I really appreciate it thanks

/ Ditch Witch C99 #127  
Be happy to. Send me your email address and they will be on their way. You should be able to get any part you need from Ditch Witch. That's their thing. Any part for any machine ever.

Gary
BeaconWoods@mchsi.com
If you don't mind I could really use those manuals and any others u have on the c99 I just picked one up and can't find a single thing on the internet about it thanks in advance i greatly appreciate it my email address is loggie00@gmail.com

/ Ditch Witch C99 #128  
I have friends at Ditch Witch; if I can help, send me a PM and I'll get in touch with them.

/ Ditch Witch C99 #129  
It's an oldie alright... but it's a goodie.

I have the manuals in pdf if still needed.
Hello if you happen to have a manual for the old c99 ditch witch I sure would appreciate it. I can give you my sons email it’s colbyrea15@gmail.com im not current with technology so don’t have an email but if you have any time to send a manual for that machine I’d greatly appreciate it