Coolant on the snow?

/ Coolant on the snow? #1  

JME81

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota LX2610HSDC
I have a 2020 LX2610 Cab, just took it home from the dealer last week. I ran it for about an hour playing with the settings, etc. I noticed the next day some bring green (almost like smushed grass color) drops on the snow. I checked the coolant and the level is at 25%~. Could it be a leak some where? I am going to talk to the dealer but wanted some tips first.

/ Coolant on the snow? #2  
Tighten the hose clamps first.

/ Coolant on the snow? #3  
Coolant is green for a reason. Any leak should be easy to spot. Open the hood and take a good look, before you call...

/ Coolant on the snow?
I'll do that when I get home (clamps and inspect closer) but I do need to get some coolant from them before I head home. Thank you so far,

/ Coolant on the snow? #5  
What was 25% full - the degas bottle or the radiator?

If it was the degas bottle, as long as it’s between the fill marks, you should be ok.

Shouldn’t have any leaks though, so still make sure everything is tight as explained in the prior posts.

/ Coolant on the snow? #6  
I spent all summer last season chasing a coolant leak on my ZD1211 mower. I looked that engine over a dozen times and could NOT find a leak, and I was convinced it was losing it internal (usually a bad sign).
Tightened the lower radiator hose clamp.... Voila. So... Don't just visually check the hose clamps, get a tool on them.

/ Coolant on the snow?
What was 25% full - the degas bottle or the radiator?

If it was the degas bottle, as long as it’s between the fill marks, you should be ok.

Shouldn’t have any leaks though, so still make sure everything is tight as explained in the prior posts.

Screenshot 2023-01-03 153809.png

/ Coolant on the snow? #8  
I had the same thing happen after our Xmas cold spell to -38F, upper hose clamp was worked lose. Guten tite and problem solved.

/ Coolant on the snow? #9  
Check the clamps, but that is the recovery/overflow/reservoir tank. As said, just make sure it stays between the Low and Full marks. The first couple times you run the tractor it can change as you purge the air and any extra fluid, especially if the fluids were added at the dealer before delivery. Dont worry if it doesn't stay 'Full', eventually it'll find it's equilibrium and then that level will be what it stays at.

/ Coolant on the snow? #10  
Anywhere’s between those lines is good. It needs room to expand/contract with the temp changes. A leak should be fairly easy to see as already mentioned. Not sure if you have dogs but you’ll also want to clean up the spill if it is coolant because it does horrible things to animal innards and it sitting on snow is about the most concentrated way they could get it outside of a puddle.