Bucket pin fitting issue

/ Bucket pin fitting issue #41  
agree 100% but we are not talking about a machine that is coming back wanting repair because a new bucket the dealer sold them will not fit we are talking a new machine that the customer wants a specific bucket on, the post clearly says the machine is out of spec, did the dealer tell the new owner that the machine was defective and this is the repair or just let the customer leave thinking he got a in spec machine,
Don't get me wrong but if my local dealer told me my $60K machine has a defect but we can fix it by turning the pin down cheaper than fixing the problem its saving the dealer not the customer, doubt he cot a rebate for the repair,

/ Bucket pin fitting issue #42  
The dealer was happy with it, guess that is why I've done 3 more since the first one. I don't see the pin wearing out anytime soon, so long as the owners grease them per the scheduled maintenance, which is every 10 hours of use, not that owners follow the greasing schedule.

That pin doesn’t move. It never gets grease.

/ Bucket pin fitting issue #44  
I think there are two separate issues here and they are being rolled into one. One is how the problem was solved which I will stand by if the machine owner knew what was being done and pleased the person doing the repair is clear. Regardless if there are better long term solution unless the repair would create a safety issue. The biggest issue to me is the apparent attitude of the dealer. However, I am not aware we know what the dealer shared or did not share with the buyer. I do agree if the dealer did not share the "FIX" then shame on him and what ever backfires on him he deserves. But the repair person works for the dealer and not the buyer.