Bucket pin fitting issue

/ Bucket pin fitting issue #1  

MachAF

Tractor
Kubota L3560
So I have a 24” bucket and pin fits fine. I just got a 16” bucket and can’t get the pin thru both holes only one. For the life of me can’t get things to line up right. As you can see by the photo it’s only off my a few mm. Any advice on that to do? I could get a smaller pin or drill out the bucket ear holes another few mm.

The fix was to get a magnetic drill press and proper size bit to enlarge the hole. Pin fits now. More info: Its a Sany excavator with Kubota 'style' quick attach. Style is the key word, as the specs are a tad different than Kubota's it seems. Anyways problem is solved. Hopefully this post will save someone else some hassle in the future.

Attachments

• 23E8E221-D1FA-40C8-96D2-840BB3115F6F.jpeg
    23E8E221-D1FA-40C8-96D2-840BB3115F6F.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 176
Last edited:
   / Bucket pin fitting issue #2  
To put the pins in my loader pin holes when it wasn't lining up nicely, I'd just use a 10 lb sledge hammer to pound it in. Always worked fine.

/ Bucket pin fitting issue
To put the pins in my loader pin holes when it wasn't lining up nicely, I'd just use a 10 lb sledge hammer to pound it in. Always worked fine.
I tried that. That just damaged the end of the pin...A slightly small diameter pin would be the easy fix. Gonna try a bridge reamer on a impact wrench to make the hole larger.

/ Bucket pin fitting issue #4  
Gonna try a bridge reamer on a impact wrench to make the hole larger.
Not a good thing to do to a reamer, ur asking for flying metal bits.
I'd go with the 10lb fit that Seville mentioned, chamfer the end of the pin a bit.........Mike

• Good Post
Reactions: JJT
   / Bucket pin fitting issue #5  
looks like it needs to rotate to align holes, there must be a obstruction allowing the holes to align, this a new bucket?

/ Bucket pin fitting issue #6  
Can also use a pry bar to maybe line up the hole a little better.

my pins have a slightly tapered end, which helps. If you happen to have another tapered pin/bar that's long enough to go through that, try using that pin just to get it in line.

I've also moved the tractor ever so slightly to get the holes to line up.

/ Bucket pin fitting issue #7  
rotating the bucket is needed to align the holes, I can see using a hammer if its just to get the last bit but no way will a hammer pull a hole that far in my opinion, do you have a tapered pry bar you can wiggle in to try and align it

/ Bucket pin fitting issue #8  
I would take a burr grinder if you can't get it and open it up a little. Or put a slightly smaller pin in there.

/ Bucket pin fitting issue #9  
this bucket if correct for the machine should not need modifying something is preventing it aligning, I would look and see where it is hitting something

/ Bucket pin fitting issue #10  
Have you tried running the pin through the bucket only to see if those bushings line up? You may find it lines up better coming from one side over the other side. I have a bucket that way.