Bucket pin fitting issue

/ Bucket pin fitting issue #11  
Try using jack of some kind to match the hole than shine the ping and grease it.

/ Bucket pin fitting issue #12  
I think you need to take that bucket back and get another one. It’s never going to fit right.

/ Bucket pin fitting issue #13  
I just repaired a brand new Kubota backhoe for my dealer that had the exact same issue as you have. When the bushing was jigged up for welding, the welder didn't align the bushing properly in the jig so there was no way the pin was going through both (and this one was out by just about that much. The bushing was welded off the trough hole about that much. I had a couple choices to fix it. I could have gouged off the welds on the bushing with my plasma cutter or ground them off with an abrasive wheel and then repositioned the bushing correctly (which would have been quite involved) This is the way I did it...

Chucked the pin in one of my lathes and turned the end of the pin down to where it would fit. I turned the pin back just far enough so it would go in the bushing and still be bottomed against it with the fixing bolt installed in the pin. I also drilled the pin and cross drilled it for grease and added a zerk fitting to the end. Customer will never know what I did and everyone was happy. One of your pin bushings was welded not in alignment. What happens when a production welder don't double check the work prior to welding.

Do those kind of fixes for my dealer all the time. Replacement parts are hard to get today so no point in letting a minor issue like that hold up the sale of a new tractor.

/ Bucket pin fitting issue #14  
I think you need to take that bucket back and get another one. It’s never going to fit right.
Yes, it will, read my post. I do that stuff all the time. Matter of fact he just dropped off another boo-boo for me to fix. This time it's a Case Magnum ag tractor weldment.

/ Bucket pin fitting issue #15  
what do the owners do if they switch back to another bucket that is welded right? replace the bucket at the dealer in this case

/ Bucket pin fitting issue #16  
I seasonally remove and re install my bucket.
To make that task easier I machined a 'bullet' which is a pin of the correct diameter but with one end very tapered for easy inserting.
Once inserted I then drive out the 'bullet' with the actual pin.

In your case of misalignment a long reamer would be the correct tool.
Not ideal, but practicable, would be a careful filing with a round file followed by some polishing.

/ Bucket pin fitting issue #17  
I just repaired a brand new Kubota backhoe for my dealer that had the exact same issue as you have.

Chucked the pin in one of my lathes and turned the end of the pin down to where it would fit. I turned the pin back just far enough so it would go in the bushing and still be bottomed against it with the fixing bolt installed in the pin. I also drilled the pin and cross drilled it for grease and added a zerk fitting to the end. Customer will never know what I did and everyone was happy.
Until they swap a different bucket on. Glad you don't work on my stuff. There's a right way to fix stuff then a ton of others ways that aren't.

/ Bucket pin fitting issue #18  
if I purchased a piece of equipment and found this type of fix I sure would be pissed at the dealer,

/ Bucket pin fitting issue #19  
So I have a 24” bucket and pin fits fine. I just got a 16” bucket and can’t get the pin thru both holes only one. For the life of me can’t get things to line up right. As you can see by the photo it’s only off my a few mm. Any advice on that to do? I could get a smaller pin or drill out the bucket ear holes another few mm.
If it was me and the bucket was just purchased from a business I would take it back. There is no reason for you to need to modify the bucket. Opening up the hole will result in only a partial contact on the pin and the hole, which will lead to accelerated wear on both. If there is no way to take the bucket back for a replacement, repair, or refund then I would remove the original bushing and weld a new one in at the proper location. If you do decide to use a bridge reamer don't use an impact driver to spin the reamer because that will almost surely damage or outright break or ruin the reamer. Reamers do not like shock loads. Shock loads lead to broken teeth and broken reamers.
Eric

/ Bucket pin fitting issue #20  
Until they swap a different bucket on. Glad you don't work on my stuff. There's a right way to fix stuff then a ton of others ways that aren't.
Not my concern and I seriously doubt the owner will switch buckets anyway. So tell me, how would you have done it in an expeditious manner at minimal cost? I'm real curious. I don't believe you know but please tell me if you do.

Most people that buy add on backhoe's ever exchange buckets. And if he did, all he had to do was purchase another pin.