Bolt On Forks

/ Bolt On Forks #11  
I have some clamp ons I torque them down hard with a cheater bar which I noticed really helps keep them straight, when I need to be really precise with them I throttle down put it in low gear ie 1st and steer the tractor while I'm standing up in the OS. Probably not recommended but it works.

/ Bolt On Forks #12  
I'm in the owner's group of clamp on forks. I don't have a need for a dedicated set of forks. Most times it is like you would be using them.... carrying building materials or the "odd job" infrequently. I have a set of the Titan 2000 lb with the stabilizer bar. The bar definitely helps to keep them straight.

My loader is rated at 1600 lbs, so they are more than strong enough for me. I have used them to lift a truck transmission out of the back of a pickup, a pallet of 15 80# bags of concrete, 40 sheets of metal roofing, plywood, 2x4's, etc....

Saving over $500 to get the clamp on vs. a dedicated SSQA helped to get more materials needed for the project.

/ Bolt On Forks #13  
I have lifted 16" diameter x 10' long hardwood logs. Early on, I picked up a pair and saw the tractor grunt so I dropped one and went on. Even still, there was no damage.

Besides the cost of attachments is the cost of warehousing them. I cleared 1/2 an acre with mine. It wasn't nearly as nice as a set of grapplers or fork set but my need was temporary.
Now, I will just use them to move pallets of split wood.

/ Bolt On Forks #14  
I've had bolt on forks for the bucket of my Ford 1720 tractor. The previous owner welded them up to fit the inside contour of the bucket and they bolt through the top of it. They're very solid and there's no deformities to the bucket and I've lifted many heavy objects.

/ Bolt On Forks #15  
I fabricated a set of forks, to do various jobs around the property, mainly for brush work, but it also doubles as a sort of pallet forks and could be used for various lifts.... Depends on what need may be "after" construction work is done...

forks-1-jpg.686036

/ Bolt On Forks
Thank you guys, as noted, it's a special use but like everything uses/needs expand. Will look into the Titan brand!

I'm probably more limited with the fact that I no longer have any counter weight/box blade/deep ripper, were well into maintenance mode and mainly use tractor for mowing and moving wood chips.

/ Bolt On Forks #17  
Thank you guys, as noted, it's a special use but like everything uses/needs expand. Will look into the Titan brand!

I'm probably more limited with the fact that I no longer have any counter weight/box blade/deep ripper, were well into maintenance mode and mainly use tractor for mowing and moving wood chips.
Oh you definitely need a counterweight! I bought a Woods BH70X backhoe to offset mine (at least that was the excuse I gave my wife :) )

/ Bolt On Forks #18  
Definitely need counter weigh is and serious lifting with FEL

20190513_134020-jpg.678087

20190513_134501-jpg.678088

And no pics are not photoshoped... There is low bumper on JD (that you can not see) that wedges under lip of bucket... And JD weights in at 520 lbs. according to JD documentation