Battery powered chainsaw

/ Battery powered chainsaw #712  
The battery saw makers should be working on a lightweight battery that could last as long as a tank of gas.
I'd modify that, slightly. They should have a battery that lasts as long as the spare needs to reach a near-full charge, even after the batteries have been aged several years or hundreds of cycles. If charge time is 3 hours, then I need my other battery to last 3 hours of infrequent cutting, lest I have to carry a boatload of batteries everywhere with me.

Furthermore, they must offer a 12V charger, so you can charge it from a vehicle, when not near 115VAC power. I suspect a typical car or tractor battery has sufficient capacity to recharge a chainsaw battery, and still start the vehicle afterward, but haven't done the math on that.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #713  
How many batteries do i get to use ?

I guess as many as you want but using $1000 worth of batteries to do the same work as $5 of gas seems pretty foolish.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #714  
I guess as many as you want but using $1000 worth of batteries to do the same work as $5 of gas seems pretty foolish.
When I got into field with my little limbing saws I like to have 4 or 5 battery's along. No big deal and do love them. The 18v Makita battery's are not all that costly or take much space..

/ Battery powered chainsaw #715  
When I got into field with my little limbing saws I like to have 4 or 5 battery's along. No big deal and do love them. The 18v Makita battery's are not all that costly or take much space..

5 18v Makita batteries wouldn’t come close to cutting what a gallon of gas would and they’re probably $80 each.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #716  
5 18v Makita batteries wouldn’t come close to cutting what a gallon of gas would and they’re probably $80 each.
I never said they did but they still have a place in my tool quiver.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #717  
I can’t cut one tree into logs with my 80v saw… it’s a really heavy, light duty saw. I enjoy it, but I need to have two batteries and a gas generator to keep cutting 😂

/ Battery powered chainsaw #718  
I never said they did but they still have a place in my tool quiver.

The contest at hand was outperforming my ms261 which is less cc than the Greenworks claims to do. I’m not hating on anyones battery pole saw.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #719  
Y'all are missing the boat! I rigged this up, it works great, no fumes and best of all it's FREE!
2023_11_30_11.27.14.jpg