Anybody built a Tiny House?

/ Anybody built a Tiny House? #11  
Here is our 5' wide x 8' deep bathroom. The doorway is 28". Distance from vanity to wall is 36". Distance from toliet to wall is 30".

Working with a 4' wide space would make it tighter. Is there any way to stretch it to 5'?
Bath 5x8.jpg

/ Anybody built a Tiny House? #12  
Really tight on width using just 4 ft (internal dimensions or ?). A shower stall on one end and a toilet on the other would be possible. In between on the back wall could be your sink/vanity. Not the best plumbing layout but sometimes you have to work with what you got.

/ Anybody built a Tiny House? #13  
Wonder if the op would compromise on a toilet under 30" depth? I think that will stick out the farthest in that 4' wide room and you can run all the vent, and supply lines in one wall.

/ Anybody built a Tiny House? #14  
Have you checked local building codes? There may be specific requirements you'll need to follow.

300' is quite a run to use your house system (or city sewer tap) and septic systems can be expensive to install.

/ Anybody built a Tiny House? #15  
Really tight on width using just 4 ft (internal dimensions or ?). A shower stall on one end and a toilet on the other would be possible. In between on the back wall could be your sink/vanity. Not the best plumbing layout but sometimes you have to work with what you got.

^good assessment. Standing in our 5x8, I wouldn't want it any narrower if it could be avoided.

/ Anybody built a Tiny House? #16  
^good assessment. Standing in our 5x8, I wouldn't want it any narrower if it could be avoided.
Don't they go with a 5' width cuz most bath tubs are 5' long? Op said it's a guest bathroom in a converted office bedroom off main house don't want to make it to comfortable or guests may not leave lol. I think op wants functionality but not looking like it was backwoods cobbled together? From my experiences having everything on one wall makes it a lot easier to do a diy job. There are so many space saving but very functional things out there if you search the googler. Id also look into getting a exhaust fan if you don't have a window, might be code anyway. I ran mine in the wall out the gable end. Cuz I'm not the best at flashing metal roofs

/ Anybody built a Tiny House? #17  
'5 tubs have a lot to do with it, but also you need some room in front of the vanity just to be comfortable.

Roofers just rely on silicone sealer and those silicone boots to seal vent pipes on metal roofs which IMO creates a maintenance problem later. I'd vent through the wall, too.

/ Anybody built a Tiny House? #18  
Shower, sink, toilet. I'm hoping to find some sample plans, I don't want to start from complete scratch. I really want plans that have been tested. I could draw up stuff with my Cad/Cam software but I don't want to. I need advice so that I can avoid mistakes that I would surely make. I am good at designing machine parts for novel situations and have more than once designed complete and complex products that are still sold today. But I need help for this.
Eric
I built this bathroom for a client's pool house room. They wanted it as small as possible, but also to be functional for family to use when they stayed for a few days. They have a Murphy Bed on one of the walls, a TV on another wall, and a sofa in the middle of the room. We spent a year going over ideas on how to make it as small as possible, but also make it big enough to be usable and nice enough to make people happy that used it.

In the end, the final dimensions where 5x9 with a 32 inch door. ADA was a consideration because some of the people using it will be elderly. Zero lip shower so there wasn't anything to trip over. 36 inch vanity so there was some counter space. A pedestal sink would of taken up less room and allowed me to make it smaller, but there was zero storage under it, and nowhere to put "stuff" on the sink. A toilet needs 30 inches of width, and standing room in front of it to be practical, which is 5 feet. If you go less, you really can't stand in front of it comfortably. But I also needed 5 feet of depth for the zero entry shower without having to put a door on it. The shower is 3 feet wide and 5 feet deep. The handles for the shower are just inside the wall with the shower head at the far end of the shower. Your body blocks all the water, so nothing comes out of the opening. I installed an electric, on demand water heater above it with an access door that also allows for some storage up there.

Fojt Bathroom.jpg

378185916_10231276026146627_118274911757252784_n.jpg

380767146_10231276019146452_1501951227658527505_n.jpg

378124793_10231276008226179_3802580209569727721_n.jpg

380697801_10231276004986098_5328401189475338225_n.jpg

/ Anybody built a Tiny House? #20  
'5 tubs have a lot to do with it, but also you need some room in front of the vanity just to be comfortable.

Roofers just rely on silicone sealer and those silicone boots to seal vent pipes on metal roofs which IMO creates a maintenance problem later. I'd vent through the wall, too.
Don't put towel racks or anything protruding directly behind vanity if your under 5' width. in my tiny bathroom I use hooks on wall. Yep both bathroom exhaust fans are thru the gable. On opposite ends of cabin. Both Vent stacks and chimney are thru the roof with silicone, and boots/, though with an overkill of snow stops 1st winter after I got my occupancy permit sounded like a freight train sliding down a ten pitch roof took out a vent stack at sheeting level lol .if I could do it over id reconfigure the main living area and some of the first floor and run the chimney out the gable also.