Aluminum equipment trailers.

/ Aluminum equipment trailers. #31  
Lol. Counterpoint, Do you think that retiring 65 year old city dwellers who have never piloted any heavy equipment before in their life should be allowed to hop in a 20 ton+ RV and just go for it with no training, education or certifications?

/ Aluminum equipment trailers. #32  
are you serious?

No wonder things are like they are.

RVs absolutely should require a CDL. As a whole they’re the least qualified drivers on the road. Either admit the law is stupid and abolished CDLs entirely and after you get done with that you might as well abolish regular drivers licenses since they’re a joke anyway. Or apply the laws fairly and make every single vehicle regardless of its use that’s over 26k have a CDL.

/ Aluminum equipment trailers.
RVs absolutely should require a CDL. As a whole they’re the least qualified drivers on the road. Either admit the law is stupid and abolished CDLs entirely and after you get done with that you might as well abolish regular drivers licenses since they’re a joke anyway. Or apply the laws fairly and make every single vehicle regardless of its use that’s over 26k have a CDL.
100% abolish all nanny legislation. Didn’t you recently get yours? You did fine hauling heavy with the king’s permission.

/ Aluminum equipment trailers. #35  
are you serious?

No wonder things are like they are.
Yes I am serious. Knowing what a CDL driver has to go through to get his license; it seems rather ridiculous to me that someone can buy an RV on the same platform as a Greyhound bus; hook onto a 7000lb car carrier; and drive on the license he got driving a Yugo.

Instead maybe we should just do away with CDL testing and licensing, including the health exam.

/ Aluminum equipment trailers. #36  
100% abolish all nanny legislation. Didn’t you recently get yours? You did fine hauling heavy with the king’s permission.

Yes I got mine last year. It wasn’t that big of a deal. It’s definitely not worth the effort you’re going through to avoid getting one. I think we can both agree that laws are necessary but should be evenly applied without exempting certain groups.

I’m quite good at 26k for my plumbing biz, but I’m going to use and maximize every pound. As for farm I’m good to 38k. Hauling logs off, maybe buy a dozer for clearing, tractor/baler..etc. I despise legislation. One reason I don’t have a nfa stamp.

/ Aluminum equipment trailers. #38  
Hauling within 100 pounds of the limit and having to leave your second bucket at home doesn’t sound optimal. You already didn’t buy a KX-057 because you couldn’t haul it. Now you want an aluminum trailer so you can haul an extra bucket. You’re going through way more trouble than the minor inconvenience of a CDL.

/ Aluminum equipment trailers. #39  
Instead maybe we should just do away with CDL testing and licensing, including the health exam.

We do during harvest season. On the other hand, knowing how to drive a stick with a high-low two-speed and hit the red and yellow air brakes is sort of a litmus test in its own right.

Locals make $30+ an hour during harvest season.

Hauling within 100 pounds of the limit and having to leave your second bucket at home doesn’t sound optimal. You already didn’t buy a KX-057 because you couldn’t haul it. Now you want an aluminum trailer so you can haul an extra bucket. You’re going through way more trouble than the minor inconvenience of a CDL.
The 25900 is with everything, full tanks, and my 6’ gravel bucket. So far it’s been optimal, but if I wanted to haul anything else like a bucket(which I don’t own)I need more payload. I get your point of view has changed now that you’re running legal, but it’s not my deal. Quite fine staying under but like I said I will maximize.