Will UAW Strike?

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,041  
View attachment 828448
45,000 x $500week = $22.5M per week strike fund deletion

At that rate fund would be empty June 1, 2024 - but don't see those out on strike going that long without medical insurance and other benefits.
That is entirely up to Fain and after I watched the YT video posted earlier on, I'd say he don't give a rats butt as he's still getting a fat cat's salary and interestingly is getting paid by Stellantis as a treasurer for their training center which in the real world would be a direct conflict of interest but then the UAW don't operate in a real world anyway.

Far as striking workers go, not all the 4000+ are strikers, a portion of them were laid off by Fords, GM and Stellantis because of parts shortages from the struck plants so those laid off workers are eligible for unemployment. However, I have no idea of that amount. Then we have the T2 and 3 suppliers that are also laying off employees as well.

Should change the name of this thread to 'When will the UAW strikers return to work'?

I surmise that when the rank and file gets a bellyfull of living in poverty and boots Fain, the strike might be settled.

Not that it really matters much because the price of a new vehicle is really beyond the financial means of the general public today.

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,042  
Several colleagues had planned to retire end of this year... most of their 403B through work is in bonds and all 3 have decided to keep working.

The usual factors as nest egg took a hit, high cost is supplemental insurance and overall higher costs...

Saw the same twice before... delayed retirements.

The hospital were I work has never had a strike... if nurses and staff can jump ship for a better deal they often do...

Some that left for more money came back... the longer commute a huge factor for many returning...

Getting a raise but adding 1 hour each way drive time can and does get old...
A raise don't mean squat when driving an extra hour in a gas guzzling wannabuggy. Eats up that raise and more real quick like.

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,043  
5030 ...
Should change the name of this thread to 'When will the UAW strikers return to work'?

I keep trying to get people to put their predictions up. Mine stays at November 21st.

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,044  
The UAW understands the old 3 require large ICE sales profits to finance the transition to EVs. UAW knows EV factories reduces their membership head count. Now Ford and and GM have started to slow their EV transitioning efforts. With Tesla coming out with their Gen 2 $25K car by 2026 and China selling even cheaper EVs I is going to be hard on the old 3. Washington is committed to the EV move going forward but where they bring along the old remains to be seen. I expect the strike will guarantee them being bailed out in the end.
I expect the strike will guarantee them being bailed out in the end.

Who's gonna pay for that? I'm not ok with my tax dollars being used, you?

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,045  
5030 ...

I keep trying to get people to put their predictions up. Mine stays at November 21st.
Not going to predict anything other than I know Fords at least have made their final offer to Fain.

IMO only, either Fain is very smart or extremely stupid and I really don't know which. One thing I do know is, Fords upper management is very smart and calculated, I am related to one.

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,046  
Who's gonna pay for that? I'm not ok with my tax dollars being used, you?
Last time I checked you have no say in how your tax dollars are spent and as far as the push for electric vehicles in DC, that is subject to change with the installation of a new POTUS.

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,047  
Getting a raise but adding 1 hour each way drive time can and does get old...
Yeah, not just in commuting expenses, wear & tear on vehicle but just loss of personal time too. Bad enough around here where there's relatively little traffic, can only imagine what it's like in an urban area.
the push for electric vehicles in DC, that is subject to change with the installation of a new POTUS.
Let's not forget congress, they play a big, maybe even bigger role in this.

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,048  
Come on Ford Flat rock....

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,049  
Flat Rock has always been sort of a fringe Fords plant. Probably better when Mazda was running the place. I have some good friends that work there or should I say show up for work at least.

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,050  
Yes appears their particular makes is the new mustang, not one of their highest runners right now.