Will UAW Strike?

/ Will UAW Strike? #531  
IH even sold off its garden tractor business to Cub Cadet.
Not factual. Cub Cadet was an IH brand name for its line of garden tractors. They sold the brand and the business to MTD in the early 80s. My family had IH dealerships and I spent many an afternoon mowing on various cub cadets.

/ Will UAW Strike? #532  
Somehow my post quoted 5030, not dog….

funny how you went to the effort to cut n paste production data for a discussion that I am more than willing to admit, but failed to include the pertinent information to the conversation, the part where a major manufacturer had just redesigned a product line that would have changed the entire make up of the industry but due to the fact the union “broke” the company thousands and thousands of jobs were lost! (10,000 in Fort Wayne alone)

Kind of dishonest conversation IMHO!

Pretty much what could happen to the whole automotive industry in the up and coming years!
By the time IH would have been able to get the new and improved model to the public, newer and faster companies like Toyota would make it out dated once again. Dinosaurs just don't move fast enough. No, it wasn't the unions fault with IH.....just keep playing the blame game lil
oooh. Like you mean the Land Cruiser?? Rust bucket heaven??

Lmao. Man you just keep coming up with more n more lame responses

Have you ever been in Land Cruiser from that era? They would literally rust as you drove them through a car wash!

Last edited:
   / Will UAW Strike? #533  
The only light vehicles made in the 70’s and 80’s that have any value to me are the square body GM trucks and their derivatives. They still have a loyal following and a great supply of parts. The rest of the stuff was just underpowered, short lived, obsolete rust waiting to happen.

Today we seem to be at the opposite end of the spectrum, everything is over-complicated, overpriced, and one software update away from being obsolete.

There was a run of decent prices and durability in the 90’s and early 2000s. I hope this reset that appears to be coming gets us back to a newer version of that.

/ Will UAW Strike? #534  
Square body GM trucks were as much a rust bucket as the rest of the line up of American vehicles, they only thing that you can say about them is that you could get a 454 in them and they would kick a$$

/ Will UAW Strike? #535  
Not factual. Cub Cadet was an IH brand name for its line of garden tractors. They sold the brand and the business to MTD in the early 80s. My family had IH dealerships and I spent many an afternoon mowing on various cub cadets.
My IH 982 has a IH serial tag. Shortly after the new 982's came with a Cub Cadet serial tag. It seems IH sold out to MTD (cub cadet) because why? It wasn't the union.

/ Will UAW Strike? #536  
Square body GM trucks were as much a rust bucket as the rest of the line up of American vehicles, they only thing that you can say about them is that you could get a 454 in them and they would kick a$$
Actually, I had a 1977 F250 351, and when I sold it in 1985, there was no body rot, and it would almost keep up with the 454, but I had put a cam, 4 barrel and headers on it, and sold it for more than I paid for it with 55K on it

/ Will UAW Strike? #537  
My IH 982 has a IH serial tag. Shortly after the new 982's came with a Cub Cadet serial tag. It seems IH sold out to MTD (cub cadet) because why? It wasn't the union.
Dude, you just keep making my point….

/ Will UAW Strike? #538  
And you felt the need to look up data I already knew? Why?

But failed to find the fact that the new body was about to be released into the next model year, but instead the finance guys killed the entire line up?

Wonder why you failed in mentioning that fact….

🙃🙃🙃
The finance killed the lineup because they saw the writing on the wall. Over 20 years IH only sold half a million Scouts and now people were buying new and improved vehicles. Even new Scouts were called "old Scouts" because of dated technology. Their product would not survive.

/ Will UAW Strike? #539  
My IH 982 has a IH serial tag. Shortly after the new 982's came with a Cub Cadet seriaistoel tag. It seems IH sold out to MTD (cub cadet) because why? It wasn't the union.
Read more carefully. Cub Cadet was invented by IH. They didn't sell it to Cub Cadet, they were Cub Cadet. They sold the entire line, name and all to MTD. Read Cub Cadet's history.

Sold due to financial hardships. One of those hardships was the UAW.

/ Will UAW Strike? #540  
funny how you went to the effort to cut n paste production data for a discussion that I am more than willing to admit, but failed to include the pertinent information to the conversation, the part where a major manufacturer had just redesigned a product line that would have changed the entire make up of the industry but due to the fact the union “broke” the company thousands and thousands of jobs were lost! (10,000 in Fort Wayne alone)
Thanks for helping make my point. Scout had 10k workers to make only 500k trucks over a 20 year period. It was outdated manufacturing at its best. New manufacturing was here and IH died because they were slow.