Will UAW Strike?

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,023  
I am fairly sure Milkman had his tongue firmly planted in his cheek!

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,024  
My wife's grandpa was a long time LA bike cop. He retired and settled the family here in idaho, one of the most salt of the earth people I ever met. When my wife's dad took her mom on a first date and arrived late after the prescribed time, He opened the door didn't say a word and knocked out her to be father on the spot. He never brought her home late after that at least until they got hitched.
Glad things worked out for them, but to me he (grandpa in law) sounds like a total a-hole for pulling that crap. Hardly "salt of the earth".

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,025  
Everyone’s idea of “salt of the earth” is different

😉

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,026  
Glad things worked out for them, but to me he (grandpa in law) sounds like a total a-hole for pulling that crap. Hardly "salt of the earth".
I'm still not certain I understand what sd455dan was saying.

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,027  
   / Will UAW Strike? #1,028  
1698169035158.png

45,000 x $500week = $22.5M per week strike fund deletion

At that rate fund would be empty June 1, 2024 - but don't see those out on strike going that long without medical insurance and other benefits.

Last edited:
   / Will UAW Strike? #1,029  
He always said what he meant, you could count on what he told you as the truth and had warned him to have her back on time. wife's dad was fresh out of his service in the marines and could be pretty cocky sometimes, ( More to the story) blew off what a protective father of a daughter told him. My dad was about the same way with my sisters, that was a hard line for him. I guess they both could be hard men in some ways.

Guess I have used that phrase incorrectly for a while after looking it up from what the internet definition is.
He was an honest Good man but "easy going" all of the time No.
I wonder why he didn't punish his daughter? She could have been more vocal on getting back on time?
So to get the story straight: Your mother's dad (former marine) knocked out your father because when they were dating, your father didn't bring back your mother on time?

/ Will UAW Strike? #1,030  
Wonder who was kissing whom that caused them to be late?