Will UAW Strike?

/ Will UAW Strike? #161  
   / Will UAW Strike? #162  
Fain and the UAW walked out at 3 different plants at Midnight. Stellantis (Jeep) in Toledo, GM in Wentzville, Mo and Fords in Wayne assembly in Wayne, Michigan at midnight last night (I told everyone it would go down). Now, the union is gonna experience not only a select group of strikers, but a general lockout because they cannot function with no parts and assembly supply chain and the ripple down effect will adversely impact all the 2nd and 3rd tier suppliers as well. Better hang on to their panties because none of the big 3 are gonna back down.

It's all good for the rank and file for now, but when the reality of living and paying their bills on 500 bucks a week sinks in, all heck is gonna break loose. I just hope it don't get violent but it may. People up against it do stupid things.

I smell a YRC / Teamsters debacle coming.

/ Will UAW Strike? #163  
Well, the California legislators are doing their best to help the UAW...will pay unemployment benefits for striking workers!!!!!!!
Pay with what? Kalifornia is basically bankrupt, funny money? Monopoly money isn't legal tender last time I checked? Newsom is gonna have a bad dream....lol

/ Will UAW Strike? #164  
How much ripple will effect other auto and truck makers such as Tesla, BMW, VW, etc… all with factories stateside?

/ Will UAW Strike? #165  
With fresh $12k profit sharing checks (about a months pay), UAW workers are in no hurry to get back to work since it's hunting season. Meanwhile, it's on to China & India & Thailand & Vietnam for the new Big 3 electric factories. Death by a Thousand Stings plan is working wonderfully!

/ Will UAW Strike? #166  
If they were really concerned about the workers, they should be concerned about job security and future viability.

21st century training for the workers
Commitment to build EVs in legacy plants
Capital investment in legacy plants
Trim work rules tha build in waste/insufficiency

If they want more $$, but not at to the point where they can't compete with Elon Musk, non- union plants

Significant profit sharing instead of inflated wages and bloated benefits
A worker equity fund that equals top executive pay and bonuses

Any chance that will happen?
I don't know how they can compete with Tesla with the albatross of huge labor costs around their neck...
F6ChX5wbMAANowO

This is horrible timing and a it makes the big 3 not competitive with foreign automakers. It 10 years we will be able to point back to the starting point of the downfall.

/ Will UAW Strike? #167  
If they go to a 32 week, the big 3 will have no other choice but to automate the entire making of a car.

The union thinks low volume and high priced vehicles is a thing the US consumer wants. They are going to be in for a rude awakening.

/ Will UAW Strike? #168  
The days of total vertical integration were replaced by Just In Time except when it isn’t.

Ford was the king of vertical integration… soybeans from Ford fields molded into plastic Bakelite and timber from Ford forests and ore from Ford mines transported on Ford ships and rail to Ford mills/factories…

Ford had small cottage industries making/assembling things like speedometers… and owned rubber plantations in distant locations.

Quite an amazing feat with Ford electricity supplying Ford factories and Ford coal to the Ford furnaces…

It’s no wonder the United States could out produce the world in two world wars…

Maybe the UAW leader is a mole for more offshoring as the strike could turn out to be the perfect cover to shutter plants forever…

/ Will UAW Strike? #169  
Ford had small cottage industries making/assembling things like speedometers… and owned rubber plantations in distant locations.
Just think of their success rate had they gone into the field of auto wrecking and vehicle dismantlers ...