What tractor attachment do I need?

/ What tractor attachment do I need? #21  
If you choose pallet forks or grapple. Know the max you can lift. Remember the lower the load is lifted - the more you can lift. There will be weight lift charts in any Op Manual for a grapple - use them. I have a log weight chart. Got it off a site after a search of the internet. I have a very good idea what various diameters & lengths of my logs will weigh.

I cut any/all my ancient Ponderosa pine logs into either - five foot or ten foot lengths. All my trees are Ponderosa pine. Makes calculations pretty straight forward.

A picture of an old pine log. Approximately 20 feet long and 38" diameter. I cut chunks off and use for various projects. View attachment 681767

/ What tractor attachment do I need? #22  
I use my pallet forks for moving logs. Most of my slash is hand stacked or loaded on the trailer to haul off as I am too hilly to drive off road. I have used the forks to load slash on my trailer but the first time I tried it I forgot to lock my QA and dropped the forks on my trailer fender when dumping the pile. :duh: I always make sure I lock them now!

IMG_20200813_111948320_HDR (2).jpg

/ What tractor attachment do I need? #23  
We will be cutting down over 30 large trees on our property. I have a Kubota B2650 with a quick attach bucket.

What would be a good tractor attachment to lift, haul and place logs long lengths onto a pile?

Heavy tractor work should be done at the rear of the tractor whenever possible for stability/safety reasons.

A Three Point Hitch HD 'Boom Pole' is less than $300 at Tractor Supply. You can drag each tree to the pile, move the tractor to the front of the pile, attach a nylon strap to each trunk, raise the boom pole and attached trunk, then drag it up onto the pile.

VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tractor+boom+pole+logging

The max weight log you will be able to move and stack with this technique will be about 1,300 pounds.

You will need a full bucket of dirt in your FEL bucket for front ballast.

The theoretical FEL lift of your B2650 is 1,400 pounds at 50" height, less the weight of the grapple.

If you lift logs around 1,000 pounds more than 24" or so with the FEL, the tractor will be unstable.

What would be a good tractor attachment to move brush? I have a set of Bradco pallet forks.

Pallet Forks are excellent.

First compact/mesh the brush by mashing it down with the Pallet Forks.

Pick up light compacted piles with the forks narrowly separated for brush support.

Pick up heavier compacted piles with forks more widely spaced.

A Ratchet Rake bucket attachment is wonderful for consolidating strewn brush into piles.

Last edited:
   / What tractor attachment do I need? #24  
If I had room to store it, I would definitely have a grapple. Adding the hydraulics is going to making a grapple purchase a little more painful. If you have rear remotes you could run the grapple without the front 3rd function.
I use my pallet forks all the time for what you need, and they work great. I do a neighborhood burn pile every year, and frequently pick up their brush. Absolutely use ballast on the rear to keep the rear planted and from overloading the front axle.

/ What tractor attachment do I need? #25  
I just bought this 3pt stump grinder... no more digging out stumps and leaving a bomb crater.

Drool... When did Land Pride start making this? I looked into stump grinders a few years ago, and was interested in a company that made a fixed grinder that required moving the tractor back and forth, rather than swinging with hydraulics. I forget the name, but it was a money up front, several month lead time to manufacture type transaction. Didn't sit well with me.

Anyway, nice implement! Post a video when you get a chance to use it.

/ What tractor attachment do I need? #27  
Do you have a close up photo of your mirrors, and how they are mounted? How's the visibility?

B2650 using 80/20 brand of extruded aluminum
20200415_130624.jpg 20200415_130645.jpg 20200415_130703.jpg

BX2370 Using strap aluminum and tubing covered bolts (easier setup)
20200424_122236.jpg 20200424_122300.jpg 20200424_122357.jpg

Double sided carpet tape and strips of cork to protect paint on loader.

These are what I used for toolbox mounts
ATV/Utility Winch Mounting Plate

The further out = better visibility

/ What tractor attachment do I need? #28  
Nice i7

/ What tractor attachment do I need?
i7win7
Thanks for all the photos. Nice applications/good utility.