What jobs do you hate?

/ What jobs do you hate? #21  
Anything involving a ladder.

/ What jobs do you hate? #22  
To me the worst jobs are the ones that have to be redone because you (or someone else) made a mistake that could have been prevented with a little more forethought...rushing things also tend to cause mistakes or missed steps that can be crucial...
IMO...there is no excuse for carelessness...

/ What jobs do you hate? #23  
Just about the way "Everyone" and every contractor does things. And why I oversee all work. And why I have often been on job sites an embarrassing amount of time trying to get things perfect.

/ What jobs do you hate? #24  
I hate jobs where people think they know more than i and have to watch my every move.

/ What jobs do you hate? #25  
Of course, we all do. But I'm sure that those that don't know what they are doing or are doing shoddy work, hate it more.

How many times have I run wires, drilling the house full of holes, often many before I get it right, ripping off trim, and then getting it all back together perfectly, before the people come home.

/ What jobs do you hate? #26  
I don’t like working in cramped, small spaces. Especially don’t like crawling under a house close to the ground.

Greasing the backhoe is not my favorite thing to do but when I think about how bad it would be to not have it the job takes on new meaning.

/ What jobs do you hate?
Interesting how some tasks are dreaded by some that are no big deal to others. I'm thinking my task here there's a fellow who works for neighbors either side of me, most anything lawn work, manual labor, painting. Good worker and $10/hour! A lot of things having a helper makes a big difference.

/ What jobs do you hate? #28  
When I first was admitted into the Carpenter's Union I was surprised several guys ahead of me on the list turned down a fire repair job. "No, too dirty!" Finally an old guy whispered to me 'Take it! IT ALL PAYS THE SAME! Good advice. That employer turned out to specialize in insurance work and I broadened my experience beyond new construction. For example our crew used a big industrial forklift to get a huge hay barn back on its piers and stabilized after a small tornado had shifted it slightly. (Well it was a little spooky looking down from 30 ft up in the damaged rafters to see the forklift operator down there sipping from his flask).

Also, staying on call for that firm qualified me as income sufficient and steady for financing to buy our first home.

And that first day 'fire repair'? Trivial, some guy tried soldering copper pipe and had set a coupe of studs on fire. A very simple repair. Whatever, it all pays the same.

/ What jobs do you hate? #29  
The 3 P's... Plumbing,Painting,Propane...I rather go and pick sh.t with crows do any of those jobs.

/ What jobs do you hate? #30  
To me the worst jobs are the ones that have to be redone because you (or someone else) made a mistake that could have been prevented with a little more forethought...rushing things also tend to cause mistakes or missed steps that can be crucial...
IMO...there is no excuse for carelessness...

I had to pull a transmission out of a truck again because I put the throw out bearing in backwards.