What jobs do you hate?

/ What jobs do you hate? #1  

Fuddy1952

Elite Member
Tractor
1973 Economy and 2018 John Deere 3038E
I'm retired and enjoy most projects, except right now I'm putting in water and electric in a horse barn. I have a backhoe and the ditch is dug...but it's hilly and curves. I have hole drilled through concrete floor to run it through.
The headache for me is hand digging loose dirt out of ditch, then running especially wire. Curious what tasks others despise (or is it just an old age thing!).

/ What jobs do you hate? #2  
I hate jobs that don't stay done and need to be repeated. I'd rather dig a ditch once than have to clean a bathroom over and over. In my climate exterior paint only lasts 4-5 years so I hate painting.

/ What jobs do you hate? #3  
I have a water line to run about six feet deep, three hundred feet. It has to go under other utilities in six different places. So, a lot of hand digging. And if you don't get the job done quick, the trench falls in. Or God help there is a downpour!

But mostly, I hate greasing equipment!

/ What jobs do you hate? #4  
We have about 300 feet of 7 ft arborvitae hedge that needs to be trimmed once a year. It is exhausting, working mostly with your arms over your head.

I stinkin’ Hate it.

/ What jobs do you hate? #5  
I hate most any task that requires hard work that I can’t do with my equipment.

/ What jobs do you hate? #6  
Oh, Working on my TAXES! As I "SHOULD" be doing right now. And next year, same thing, and again, and again!

/ What jobs do you hate? #7  
I hate doing any job I don't have the right tool for. Or anything in tight spaces (like most things on cars). I don't mind manual labor, but I do hate working in the heat.

/ What jobs do you hate? #8  
Me too. I'm dying in the heat and some woman in an air conditioned office always says " Oh, No, I love the heat" Well try working in it sometime! If you like the heat, I have a job for you running wires in an Attic in July. Hope you like fiberglass insulation (as well) with your heat!

Also, hate working on dirty greasy stuff you can't get at.

/ What jobs do you hate? #9  
Me too. I'm dying in the heat and some woman in an air conditioned office always says " Oh, No, I love the heat" Well try working in it sometime! If you like the heat, I have a job for you running wires in an Attice in July. Hope you like fiberglass insulation with your heat!

I'm also "naturally insulated" which doesn't help matters. :laughing:

/ What jobs do you hate? #10  
Me too. I'm dying in the heat and some woman in an air conditioned office always says " Oh, No, I love the heat" Well try working in it sometime! If you like the heat, I have a job for you running wires in an Attic in July. Hope you like fiberglass insulation (as well) with your heat!

I had to do some of that last summer. We put in a couple hours in the morning and moved on to other work the rest of the day. After the heat builds up it’s just unbearable. Then the insulation sticking all over you really tops it off.