Utility Trailer Question

/ Utility Trailer Question #31  
Clutch adjustment when I switch controls around is a real pain.
Do you mean when you turn the bars around to use a front-mount implement? When I do that on my 732 it always snags the clutch cable on the gear shift linkage, keep meaning to re-route it.
Wide turning radius makes use in the orchard difficult.
I put a spring clamp on the safety switch so I can steer holding one bar at a time - (does that make sense?)

Board for a seat was a lousy idea as I keep sliding around on turns and slopes.
You must have really uneven ground Phil. I've been using the same piece of 1x6 for years.

Keep at it. :thumbsup:

/ Utility Trailer Question
Thanks to all for your advise and pictures. While the utility trailer does work as "advertised", it has proven to be unusable on my rough and hilly acreage. Turns are just too wide and with any load in the trailer (plus me) it cannot climb my hills. I took the coupler off the trailer this morning and put back the original pieces to tow it behind my old TroyBilt mower. What I really need is a Kawasaki Mule or a Polaris Ranger, but those are all out of my price range. Even used ones are too expensive and the only ones I could afford are rust buckets or in need of a motor rebuild. Will just have to make do for now.

Thanks again everyone!

/ Utility Trailer Question #33  
Thanks to all for your advise and pictures. While the utility trailer does work as "advertised", it has proven to be unusable on my rough and hilly acreage. Turns are just too wide and with any load in the trailer (plus me) it cannot climb my hills. I took the coupler off the trailer this morning and put back the original pieces to tow it behind my old TroyBilt mower. What I really need is a Kawasaki Mule or a Polaris Ranger, but those are all out of my price range. Even used ones are too expensive and the only ones I could afford are rust buckets or in need of a motor rebuild. Will just have to make do for now.

Thanks again everyone!
Join the club,I have made do for so long it has become habit and I hardly notice any longer. :confused3:

/ Utility Trailer Question #34  
As someone who has owned 2 different Polaris Rangers (the first 2x4 was stolen and we bought a 4x4 to replace it), I'd advise anyone to avoid a Polaris. Reason being, the body integrity is crappy plastic that tends to crack wherever a screw goes through it. We contacted Polaris when the cracks in the floorplan started to show up around 7 months into ownership and were told that the warranty was only 6 months. 8500.00 and they wouldn't consider replacing the plastic floor pan that was obviously a design flaw. We swore we would never buy a Polaris again. Also, the clutches have buttons and ramps that wear and are super expensive to replace. I just replaced the secondary clutch myself with a Polaris part and it was nearly 500.00. That doesn't include the primary clutch which costs an additional 600 bucks. Inknow a bunch if people like them, but the next time I buy a UTV it will be a Kawasaki Mule or a Kubota.

Update: I solved my problem by purchasing an ancient Kawasaki Mule 2500. Looks a little rough but runs great and went up and down all my trails with no problems at all :)

/ Utility Trailer Question #36  
Update: I solved my problem by purchasing an ancient Kawasaki Mule 2500. Looks a little rough but runs great and went up and down all my trails with no problems at all :)

That sounds a lot nicer than being dragged around by a 2-wheeler :thumbsup:
I'm not familiar with the Mule but it sounds good - 600cc, 2WD?

Sorry for the delay in replying. Kawasaki Mule 2500 is 2WD with a 600cc motor. Really looking forward to spring and using it again.