TroyBilt Horse tines!

/ TroyBilt Horse tines! #1  

KBP

Tractor
New Holland TN 65D
Anyone know of the best place to buy QUALITY Horse tines? I am not looking for the tines that have 3 holes in them and fit multiple types of tillers. They are much easier to break if you hit a big rock because of the extra hole. I have been using TroyBilt horse tillers since 1980 and good tines are getting harder to find and much more expensive. Any information you have is greatly appreciated! Thanks! PS I have been a new member for over 20 years!

/ TroyBilt Horse tines! #2  
I’m not sure. I would start with MTD. I have a 1993 Horse and I put the hard surfaces ones on and no more sense. Definitely consider those if you can find them.

/ TroyBilt Horse tines!
Thanks for the tip Steve! Finding good stuff cheap is not easy! Now in 2021, finding good stuff any any price is getting hard! Ken

/ TroyBilt Horse tines! #4  
I ordered some for my “Horse” this past summer but they weren’t sure if they could get a set. I never did go back, the shop owner said if I decided I don’t want them he still likes to keep a set in stock.

/ TroyBilt Horse tines! #5  
I use the 3-holers and have NEVER broke them! I have not only big rocks but chunks of junk of all kinds in my gardens.
Even if you get them direct from MTD, they will be made in chimna most likely!

/ TroyBilt Horse tines! #6  
Have you checked Ebay. That is where I got my current set.

/ TroyBilt Horse tines! #7  
Yeah, the hardened ones are definitely the way to go if you can find them. MTD/TroyBilt referred to them as 'custom tilling tines' They have a hardened bead laid on the cutting edge, and wear 3 times longer than the regular jobs. More expensive - although, depending on usage and soil, you may never have to replace them again.

/ TroyBilt Horse tines! #8  
valley power in va. the horse had two sets offered, standard and hd.

Valley Power is one of the original factory dealers.
Awsume people to deal with

/ TroyBilt Horse tines!
Thanks for the info. My last set of tines cane from KD tines. They are great tines but you pay the price! $159.99