TroyBilt 8HP Horse Refurb

/ TroyBilt 8HP Horse Refurb #11  
Yes, the aluminum block Honda needs a counterweight bolted to the bottom of the engine for proper balance. I added a 10 lb piece of steel. The 8 HP Briggs had a counter weight as well back in the day

/ TroyBilt 8HP Horse Refurb #12  
My neighbor had this unit and I bought it not running. Has a blade, and hiller attachment too. Hadn't ran in 8+ years so replaced fuel lines - cleaned carb all gunked up and starts now with a touch of the key. Tires still have ribbing in them - wasn't used much at all.

I like to find these older machines and bring them back to life, and this one went to my brother in law as he has a big garden he tends.

Attachments

• Horse 2.jpg
    Horse 2.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 71
  • Horse 1.jpg
    Horse 1.jpg
    409.7 KB · Views: 65
   / TroyBilt 8HP Horse Refurb #13  
Yes, the aluminum block Honda needs a counterweight bolted to the bottom of the engine for proper balance. I added a 10 lb piece of steel. The 8 HP Briggs had a counter weight as well back in the day
That is good info to know.

/ TroyBilt 8HP Horse Refurb #14  
I tilled with it without the counter weight and it was ok until the dirt and mud builds up under the tine hood. Then it gets heavy to lift at the ends of the row. The Honda has as much power and maybe more than the old Kohler Magnum and much smoother

/ TroyBilt 8HP Horse Refurb
Lefty7
Now you've got two "keepers" in life. That tiller and the wife who will let you wax the thing in the house. :)
Haha, sixdogs. You are correct: both 'keepers'.

Although, to be clear, the machine was coming inside to get warm and shiny, regardless. But I was confident all would be OK. First off, she loves her gardening. Secondly, I've done the same for her.
~Lefty7

My neighbor had this unit and I bought it not running. Has a blade, and hiller attachment too. Hadn't ran in 8+ years so replaced fuel lines - cleaned carb all gunked up and starts now with a touch of the key. Tires still have ribbing in them - wasn't used much at all.

I like to find these older machines and bring them back to life, and this one went to my brother in law as he has a big garden he tends.
Yeah, that is definitely a good one.

/ TroyBilt 8HP Horse Refurb #19  
Yeah, that is definitely a good one.
I just noticed your signature line. I did not know Ben said that. I agree with him......

You brought her in to warm up and get waxed??
Haha. The word was shiny.

Use your imagination. Just don't tell me about it, OK? ~Lefty7