Trailer source in NY

/ Trailer source in NY #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Jim, that's a darn good price for a trailer with those features. I think you did very well. The dealer must have been a little "hungry" to give you that deal. )</font>

Yes, I was very happy with the price. I bought it from the manufacturer. They have about a 10 acre lot with multiple buildings and trailers supplies everywhere. They really crank out some volume. Company is called Bray Trailers in Newberry, FL. and they advertise on traderonline.com under equipment trader.

Today I loaded up the L4300DT with FEL and 286 (6') Bush Hog and took it out for a test drive. I was surprised it all fit. I estimate the tractor and mower are probably around 6,000+ lbs.. The trailer did fine and with the Teknosha Prodigy brake controller, stopping from speed was uneventful. No "pushing" felt from the trailer at all.

I had Bray build the trailer for a 2 5/16" ball and I purchased a ball mount and ball that had 9,000 lb and 10,000 ratings respectively. I didn't want to skimp on the ball and the mount when pulling such a heavy load.

Now we get to pull that load to Maine in less than 2 weeks. Wish me luck!

/ Trailer source in NY #12  
There will be an auction in Groveland south of Geneseo the first weekend in December. Teitsworth runs it and always has some good equipment trailers. You may just get a bargain.

/ Trailer source in NY #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Now we get to pull that load to Maine in less than 2 weeks. )</font>

Too bad you couldn't load up another trailer (tandem) and take it with you. I know a fellow named Larry in New York who is looking for a good trailer at a great price. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Trailer source in NY
JIm,
You're right. I did find a 16 ft tandem used here in Rochester for 1,250 that I should be able to pick up tomorrow. I am moving to our little farm this week and need the trailer badly. Finally instead of traveling down to see my pond filling I will be able to look out the window.
Thanks all,
Larry