Best 3 trucks you've ever owned.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #1  

jjeff

Elite Member
Tractor
kubota l2850, kubota l4150
Curious, not sure if there was a thread like this before a completely different thread got me starting to drift, anyways 3 came to mind and why, In order of favorites. I'll try and be to the point.
#1 2016 GMC 3/4 ton, 6.6, 4wd.
It's a diesel lol and was the first brand new vehicle I purchased, double cab long box. It can tow a house, it's a basic work truck with a few added factory and aftermarket options. Including a rubber floor (no carpeting) folks with kid in there lives will understand why I appreciate this basic feature. Not to mention ease of cleanup when tracking mud and grease inside. Upgraded tow package with extendable heated mirrors, factory electric trailer brake controller, spray in bed liner, 18" steel factory rims, it has power windows, locks, cruise control cloth seats with Carhartt seat covers, cab lights, snow plow prep package (which includes heavier front factory sway bar, skid plates, etc. I don't use it to plow but if I do add a plow it's there. I added aftermarket air helper springs to the rear, Bilstein shocks, added a Banks monitor, factory running boards. Trucks been reliable has just under 100k on it. Only problem I had so far under warranty was a def pump at 36k. I do most maintenance and non super complicated repairs myself.
#2 93 Toyota 4x4 short box regular cab pickup. (Before Tacoma's) it was basic with hand crank windows no AC and had the 22re with a 5 speed. Truck could go anywhere especially after I added 31s with black steel spoke rims was super reliable, easy to work on, even in the sticks. Added a sun roof cause no AC sucked when driving through the desert out west, sunroof didn't help much but was cool looking lol.
#3 94 GMC 1 ton 2wd dump truck. 5.7 350, bought truck super cheap, hauled hundreds of tons of material with it on back roads and two tracks including a 50' mobile home with a 6pitch steel gable roof. Had to do some work to it initially but the truck would not quit no matter how hard I beat it.
Anyways I look forward to reading other folks favorites any questions on my faves just ask.

Last edited:
   / Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #2  
2008 Tundra
2008 Tundra
1984 Datsun/Nissan

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #3  
#1, 2007 Toyota Tacoma prerunner, 2 door, manual, 4cyl, 4x4. Never should have sold that truck. Finally replaced it with another taco when the children started learning to drive.
#2, 2009 F250 FX4, Crew, 4x4, 6.4. I typically commute on a motorcycle but otherwise the 250 is my everyday rig.
#3, 1995 F800 diesel, manual h/l, 16' flat bed. Only had this one two years now, I'm slowly refurbashing worn out parts and it's actually my favorite truck. It just does everything and it's actually not all that expensive to drive.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #6  
'78 GMC 3/4 ton with heavy springs. Uncorked 454. Straight pipes ending under cab. I think it killed my hearing. 8MPG. Had it for about 10 years. Bought for $1000, sold for $1000.

'93 Chevy Suburban K1500. Bought for $5K. Put maybe $1K into it. Drove the heck out of it for about 13 years. Sold it for $500 a year and a half ago. So around $425 per year for transportation. 42 gallon tank. Hauled my family on many vacations. Pulled our tractor on a trailer. Did the job. Got word it blew up a couple weeks ago. May it rest in peace.

Current truck - 2003 Chevy Suburban 1500 LT 4x4. All factory options. Leather interior. Seats 7. The 5.3 is much nicer than the old 350/5.7s of the past. Plenty of power. Not straining to do anything. Pulls our tractor on the trailer very nicely. Quiet interior. It's like riding in your living room!

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #9  
It's probably his #4.
That would be the FFFR!😜

my list:
’05 Silverado —CC/LB/diesel current
’96 Nissan -- (with a slush box!) shoulda kept it
‘07 GearUp —that three-wheeled thing in my avatar (seriously, I’ve probably hauled more in the hack than I ever have in my trucks)

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #10  
2023_03_10_11.51.39.jpg