Best 3 trucks you've ever owned.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #211  
Always interesting to see how people self-define "truck". In was thinking pickup truck, but it quickly went to SUV and grain/commercial style trucks.

So far, I love my Tundra (2017 SR5). I would like it more if I had never driven something with a couple more creature features.

Had a '91 XEv6 Pathfinder that was great until the family grew to the point we needed a van.

Didn't technically 'own' this one, but since I share a first name with my dad, it was technically in my name. '76 (+/-) IH Scout. I learned how to drive on this. Sometimes I would sneak it when my folks were gone and drive around the block to practice. What I didn't realize at 13 was that nothing happens in a small town that escapes notice and I was not nearly as invisible to others as I believed.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned.
First car I ever "owned" was a late 60s rusted out scout. Never could get it running more than a few minutes at a time it needed way more work than I was capable of at the time and the guy that gave it to me had little time to rebuild it, I was stubborn, naive, ignorant, and only 13. payment for the scout was me grading some of his acreage and roads so he taught me to use his old Ford 8 or 9n to grade with a back blade while he hauled in fill with an old dump truck. That was also the first tractor I ever operated by myself unsupervised lol. I truly enjoyed learning how to operate that old Ford, and the knowledge he "paid" me with I got good at operating it eventually, even though I had nothing to show for my "work" materialistically.

Last edited:
   / Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #213  
Always interesting to see how people self-define "truck". In was thinking pickup truck, but it quickly went to SUV and grain/commercial style trucks.

So far, I love my Tundra (2017 SR5). I would like it more if I had never driven something with a couple more creature features.

Had a '91 XEv6 Pathfinder that was great until the family grew to the point we needed a van.

Didn't technically 'own' this one, but since I share a first name with my dad, it was technically in my name. '76 (+/-) IH Scout. I learned how to drive on this. Sometimes I would sneak it when my folks were gone and drive around the block to practice. What I didn't realize at 13 was that nothing happens in a small town that escapes notice and I was not nearly as invisible to others as I believed.
Well yeah, when I think truck I think pickup. My Suburbans I consider trucks. The 93 was more of a work truck while the 2003 is more living room on wheels, but still hauls plywood sheets and tows our trailer, so it's a truck to me.

My favorite would be my '71 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser (in little pieces for 35 years). Hoping to make it a retirement project. I don't consider it a truck, just like I wouldn't consider traditional Jeeps trucks.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #214  
Had to laugh that my living room on wheels brought home all the materials for our garage addition inside of it, with the exception of the rebar and bags of cement that I put on the car hauler trailer, and the trusses and shingles were delivered. So I guess it is a truck.

Had to laugh that my living room on wheels brought home all the materials for our garage addition inside of it, with the exception of the rebar and bags of cement that I put on the car hauler trailer, and the trusses and shingles were delivered. So I guess it is a truck.
I heavily modified and rebuilt/repurposed a old ladder rack from a full size pickup for my old step side shortbox Tacoma to haul building materials. A Subaru brat or Ford sport trac
probably had more cargo carrying room, till I put that rack on lol.

Last edited:
   / Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #216  

One of my football buddies in HS had a 70’s Scout. 4 cylinder was underpowered, but would slog through anything. No top. Just sat outside with a tarp over it. Fun days. It rusted out for obvious reasons.

This museum closed I believe, was located in Florida, had an amazing collection of international tractors also had rust free mint condition scout and scout 2s I didn't even know rust free scouts existed before lol. I feel fortunate I visited it on my travels before it closed.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #218  
One of my football buddies in HS had a 70’s Scout. 4 cylinder was underpowered, but would slog through anything. No top. Just sat outside with a tarp over it. Fun days. It rusted out for obvious reasons.
Technically, they belonged to the IH dealership my uncle and dad owned. They were red and white. Uncle's had a white roof, ours was red. Otherwise, they were identical.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #219  
When I was a kid dad worked for a construction firm building the near by parkway, they used Scouts. He would sometimes bring on home on weekends, it was AMAZING the place that thing would go, at least to a kid. But a power house it was not. Would like to get my hands on one of the old Scouts but alas I think most all have now been converted to rust.

/ Best 3 trucks you've ever owned. #220  
Best:
2020 Chevy Trailboss - I currently own
1981 J Series Jeep pickup - The thing was a tank. Very sad to see it go.
2014 Silverado with the 6.2 engine - Plenty of power and rode great.

Worst:
2020 F250 Super Duty - Spent more time in the garage than on the road.
Any older Dodge P/U I have ever owned (3) great motors but all rusted out before their time.
2004 F150 - Nothing but engine problems