trail clearing technique and tools

/ trail clearing technique and tools #291  
How about this one?

/ trail clearing technique and tools
With low snow here, we were out clearing trails, or rather turn-around locations.
P1030146.jpg
P1030150.jpg

No saws needed!
P1030155.jpg

Putting up maps.
P1030143.jpg

/ trail clearing technique and tools #294  
Why would we get that? When we own a ATV that will tow one just fine. :unsure:
Once you mow with a front mounted mower you will understand.

/ trail clearing technique and tools #296  
In any case, I'm glad you're getting a little more mechanized. That flail mower will do a nice job on the trails.

/ trail clearing technique and tools
In any case, I'm glad you're getting a little more mechanized. That flail mower will do a nice job on the trails.
Dearest says she'll write a grant for that Chapman flail mower next summer (y) and she'll add operational costs for the trail we are grooming now. Doing trails is fun and all but users have no idea what all this stuff costs. We don't charge for them.
P1030395.jpg

/ trail clearing technique and tools #298  
...Doing trails is fun and all but users have no idea what all this stuff costs. We don't charge for them.
Just a thought, Might be good to publish costs for a month or quarter or year and post on your trailhead board just so people are aware and maybe will take better care of them and/or show up and help on trail maintenance days.

/ trail clearing technique and tools #299  
I haven't read all 30 pages of this thread so apologies if you mentioned it, but who owns/operates this trail system? Is all this equipment your own personal?
The only groomed XC/snowshoe trails here are private ones run by resorts (though some are open to the public). Those activities as well as dogsleds are permitted on snowmobile trails though. Most of those are on private property where owners have given permission, and are maintained by local clubs (with financial help from the state).

There are trails for non-motorized recreation in the national forest, but these aren't groomed.