Tractor decision

/ Tractor decision #71  
I wanted a cab so I could use my tractor no matter what the weather was outside. I love it! A/C in the summer and heat in the winter. I also use my tractor on my 80 acre hunting property and haven't had any issues at all with the exception of bumping a side mirror now and then.

I'd buy another cab tractor in a heart beat.

M

/ Tractor decision #72  
Neighbor and I both bought 50 hp tractors last yr. He got a cab. I put 10 times the hrs on mine that he does on his. I'm on and off the tractor alot, work in tight spaces, never owned a cab, mild climate, no snow. Neighbor runs his tractor in sandals with the AC blowing. He's happy, but I wouldn't trade. To each their own.
My open station tractor gets just about 3x the hours every year that the cabbed tractor does. If you can only have one open station is really hard to beat. Now a second tractor, that’s tricky 🤣

/ Tractor decision #73  
What does that add? (I like the picture he posted with the Vise Grip clamped onto something,
That makes the old flat head four engine on that old 1951 Ford 8n run real smooth at all throttle settings. I replaced the original carburetor with an aftermarket one from TSC about 25 years ago.

I noticed that it ran smoother if I pulled the choke out just a little. The jaw width on those pliers was perfect and leaving it hang there frees up both of my hands for other tasks (like swatting away yellow jackets when I open up a ground nest while bush-hogging).

/ Tractor decision
Not to continue the cab vs open station debate but I will have a 1400 foot driveway, another 1200 foot gas line right of way, and will be cleaning up an old strip mine road to use as walking path. So I won’t be blazing trails thru the woods with a 50k tractor. I appreciate all the comments and and getting a lot of helpful info here! Happy New Year to you all!

/ Tractor decision #75  
Nobody comes close to the pricing of TYM, when it comes to cab tractors. Also TYM offers only mechanical diesel engine in that tractor size in the US. Easy to defeat emissions crap. Also only tractor in that size that offers 4 range hydro...

This is what I got few months ago for about $30k. It's hydro, cab with a/c and weights about 7k pounds with loader and ballast. 2,700lbs loader lift too...

Attachments

• IMG_20230921_134140904_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230921_134140904_HDR.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:
   / Tractor decision #76  
I did go back and see that, yes, he said TYM was local. Attached is a local ad (the place I bought my Kioti and few years ago, a trailer). Never been on this model, but $38.5k, 55 hp, cab HST, with a loader, that's a lot of machine (on paper) for the money. The T574C seems like it might be worth a look.
Screenshot_20240102_052627_Chrome.jpg

/ Tractor decision #77  
Here, same dealer, Kioti DK5320SE is $39.5k. I 'think' frame size comparison would go, smallest to largest, Kubota MX, Kioti DK, LS MT3, and then TYM 574?

Me personally, and this is 100% just opinion/preference, I preferred the Kioti to the TYM in just minor small things; seat, overall look of quality (hard to describe what I mean by that, maybe more modern or more thought out?), and the price was about the same.
Screenshot_20240102_053103_Chrome.jpg

/ Tractor decision
Nobody comes close to the pricing of TYM, when it comes to cab tractors. Also TYM offers only mechanical diesel engine in that tractor size in the US. Easy to defeat emissions crap. Also only tractor in that size that offers 4 range hydro...

This is what I got few months ago for about $30k. It's hydro, cab with a/c and weights about 7k pounds with loader and ballast. 2,700lbs loader lift too...
Does TYM have treadle pedal?

/ Tractor decision #79  
No treadle, 2 pedals like mostly everyone else.

They built the 3 and 4 cylinder diesels for Cummins for many years, now they are putting them in the tractors. Old school, proven engines, coupled with Bosch mechanical pump thats in million other small diesels. No electronics, you can take the DEF out and engine will not know its missing.

TYM just started building tractors for Yanmar...

Does TYM have treadle pedal?

Last edited:
   / Tractor decision #80  
The TYM 574 frame size is larger than the MT3. The TYM 5520 and 4820 are all smaller than the TYM 494 and 574 frame sizes.