Tractor Causing Stress on Neck

/ Tractor Causing Stress on Neck #41  
These are typically found in vineyards in the east and west. There are good dealers there. If you're in the mid-west, you might be farther from a dealer than is practical

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190716-123450.jpg
    Screenshot_20190716-123450.jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 54
   / Tractor Causing Stress on Neck #42  
I agree 100%. I was actually pretty serious at one point about getting an Antonio Carraro and putting a heavy-duty flail mower on it and do custom brush mowing. Maybe they would be a bit small for your application. They import up to 75 hp models. They have bigger ones but those arent imported due to emissions reasons. Those are the ones i really want. Also, check out their Mach 4 model. It's basically the same tractor, but a quad-track. In my mind, it's one of the coolest tractors in its size category.
Nearly all the Antonio Carraro models have the option of turning the seat and steering wheel around so you're looking out over the 3 pt/pto. The visibility is phenomenal.
Just wondering, but why would you want a very complicated and expensive to repair Antonio Carraro over a US Built, component part, Power Trac that doesn't use a difficult to connect 3pt hitch and can lift all the attachments up higher then the AC which is nice when using lift forks, lift boom, front hoe, brush grapples, tree pullers and cutters, or even the rotary cutter to cut brush back that tends to invade along all the edges of fields growing to the light? The Carraro can't do any of this without buying a loader and then it is just like a standard tractor trying to look over a long hood.

Attachments

• 1460 with oak log.jpeg
    1460 with oak log.jpeg
    875.3 KB · Views: 60
   / Tractor Causing Stress on Neck #43  
I can’t believe these tractors haven’t exploded in popularity here in the states. Small, tough, maneuverable, stable on steep hills.
I could literally build another business division cutting steep banks with one of them.
Have seen a few for sale at VERY affordable prices, but dealer support would be very difficult.
From participating on mainly US forums over the years, I realized that there is this huge misconception that a tractor without a loader can't do much. Which couldn't be further front the truth.

Being that Antonio Carraro tractors don't make very good loader tractor at all as it was never designed with that in mind, I really think that's why they don't sell better in the US.

/ Tractor Causing Stress on Neck #44  
This portable camera system work wonders for my stiff neck:

It's powered with cordless tool batteries so there is no wiring and the magnetic mount cameras can be placed on any metal surface.

I place one on the outside edge of my rotary cutter deck so I can see to line up with the previous cut row. Also works well on the rear mount snow thrower.

/ Tractor Causing Stress on Neck #45  
Just wondering, but why would you want a very complicated and expensive to repair Antonio Carraro over a US Built, component part, Power Trac that doesn't use a difficult to connect 3pt hitch and can lift all the attachments up higher then the AC which is nice when using lift forks, lift boom, front hoe, brush grapples, tree pullers and cutters, or even the rotary cutter to cut brush back that tends to invade along all the edges of fields growing to the light? The Carraro can't do any of this without buying a loader and then it is just like a standard tractor trying to look over a long hood.
This is the loader I would get if I needed one. These tractors weren't really built with a loader in mind, like was mentioned already. There are loaders that mount on the front but I wouldn't want one of those. I really don't see how their hoods are that much longer or harder to see over than American tractors. But more to the point, OP mentioned mowing and neck strain related to that which is why I suggested this machine. If he had said he needed something for loader work, I wouldn't have recommended it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230530_074343_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230530_074343_Samsung Internet.jpg
    939.1 KB · Views: 52
   / Tractor Causing Stress on Neck #46  
Could you use a side mounted mower that doesn't require turning so far, like a sickle mower or flail mower?

Yeah, this thread reminded me of working on a farm in Concord MA in the 1940s. I was the little kid so I got to rid on the sickle-bar cutter (intended to be horse-drawn) behind Dad driving the Allis Chalmers tractor. The wheels drove the sickle-bar, chop-chop. My job was to raise the bar when necessary. I needed both hands to do it. Earned 25 cents/hour in 1943, 30 cents in 1944, and a near-adult 35 cents in 1945, the last summer of the war and therefore the last time Mister Laughlin needed to pretend he was a farmer in order to get unlimited gasoline for his 12-cylinder Lincoln Continental.

What fun it was, haying in August!

/ Tractor Causing Stress on Neck #47  
If he had said he needed something for loader work, I wouldn't have recommended it
It is NOT a loader. CAT coined the term "Tool Carrier". The PT is just a better designed machine. The implement, in this case a mower deck is right out in front of you where you can see and because of articulation, can even move sideways just by turning the steering wheel. If all you want is a mower, then that is what it is...just pick the type: brush, finish or boom or all of the above. The VERSATILITY allows you to use as a loader too, but again, it is not a loader. AND it is much easier then a 3pt hitch to connect, all can be done without leaving the operators seat except for connecting hydraulic hoses when applicable. Forget about struggling with a large PTO shaft between the lift arms!
I owned a Goldoni which is just like the A Carraro and they don't hold a light to the Power Trac in versatility. The the cost to buy these tractors, why not have one that can do a lot more work easier. I have attached 2 pics of my Goldoni and 2 of my PT similarly equipped.

Attachments

• Resized_20190622_160546.jpeg
    Resized_20190622_160546.jpeg
    363.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 3 buckt up.jpeg
    3 buckt up.jpeg
    162.3 KB · Views: 53
  • 1430 loading brush.jpeg
    1430 loading brush.jpeg
    392.3 KB · Views: 51
  • flail.jpeg
    flail.jpeg
    302.3 KB · Views: 57
   / Tractor Causing Stress on Neck #49  

Maybe adding this with your existing rear rotary or Flail behind you might do the trick? If you want front only, could probably rig up a front mount with some fab work & a prince PTO hydro pump off the back if your flow isn't enough..

/ Tractor Causing Stress on Neck #50  
Looking for suggestions, if there are any. I've had 2 tractors in the past, both of them are gone now. I am contemplating my next purchase, but I fear there is no good solution. 1st tractor had a 6 foot brush hog and I found myself turning my neck way too much trying to keep the cutter in line with the last pass so as to not leave anything uncut. 2nd tractor was much larger with a 12 foot flex wing. I had mirrors on that tractor which helped, unless I got too close to the trees and it would knock the mirrors out of whack - so that didn't help much.

4 years ago I had neck surgery, so I've got a fusion already on 2 vertebrae in my neck. I'm not willing to stress my neck just so I can keep my fields cut. I already have them cut for hay twice a year, so the only time I really have to brush hog is once during the year after the 1st frost. I have hired out someone to cut in the past, but it costs me at least $1K every time, and that's if I can find someone to do it.

Ideally, it would be nice to have a setup where the cutter is on the front instead of in the back but I don't know of any US tractors that have a front mounted PTO. The other option is a skid steer, which would be nice, but they are extremely expensive as are the cutter attachments.

We are new to the farming community and I've talked to alot of the farmers around here and was surprised to learn many of the older ones have neck and back issues. I don't want to be another statistic, so I either need to find something that cuts in the front or pay someone to do it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
What about a camera and monitor system ?