Third Year In a Row!

/ Third Year In a Row! #31  
[snip]We had about 6" at one time but we had no problem getting through it and it was gone in a couple of days. You need to get some better vehicles if they can't get through 4".[snip]
True, but that only lets us come and go. What about all those Amazon and carry-out deliveries that aren't gonna be made in 4" of snow! 😳

/ Third Year In a Row! #32  
True, but that only lets us come and go. What about all those Amazon and carry-out deliveries that aren't gonna be made in 4" of snow!
I never missed any deliveries. I did keep the front sidewalk shoveled off. It seemed a waste to use the tractor to move that small amount of snow though.

/ Third Year In a Row! #33  
True, but that only lets us come and go. What about all those Amazon and carry-out deliveries that aren't gonna be made in 4" of snow! 😳
In Minnesota we call 4” of snow a dusting, we still go to work, kids still go to school, deliveries still show up.

/ Third Year In a Row! #35  
We average over 200" per year and schools are rarely closed and deliverers are pretty much the same year-around. How could that be? 😁 let me add we moved here for the weather.
Now imagine living someplace where it rarely snows and the commuters normally travel well over the posted limits. Now those same commuters have 0 reference for icy/snow cover and continue to drive well over the posted limits. Then they wonder why the road is closed for hours on accident clean-up.

/ Third Year In a Row! #36  
We average over 200" per year and schools are rarely closed and deliverers are pretty much the same year-around. How could that be? 😁 let me add we moved here for the weather.
I have a buddy here in Minnesota, he has what he calls a cabin in Wyoming, he goes there for the winter because there is way more snow for riding snowmobile.

The “cabin” is a three bedroom log home.

/ Third Year In a Row! #37  
Here in southeastern Michigan it seems like we still get ~50-60" of total snow in most of our winter seasons, but it just never lasts on the ground any more. It's been several years since we had an accumulated snowpack that lasted for weeks. This winter we've been right on the rain/snow line of the big storms, instead of being well above the jet stream all winter long like it used to be.

January was near record warmest for us here. But now March is running colder than normal, with some snows. oy!

It was mud season all winter long, feels like. Just annoying. Ground never froze more than a few inches deep, I don't think.

/ Third Year In a Row! #38  
Here in southeastern Michigan it seems like we still get ~50-60" of total snow in most of our winter seasons, but it just never lasts on the ground any more. It's been several years since we had an accumulated snowpack that lasted for weeks. This winter we've been right on the rain/snow line of the big storms, instead of being well above the jet stream all winter long like it used to be.

January was near record warmest for us here. But now March is running colder than normal, with some snows. oy!

It was mud season all winter long, feels like. Just annoying. Ground never froze more than a few inches deep, I don't think.
Same situation here, warm mild winter with lots of mud. Then this last storm ended up with more then 2 foot of snow,
wet, heavy, sticky snow. hanging on to trees, breaking them down and bring power lines down. No huge area wide power outages but thousands of isolated small outages. And no frozen ground so hard to move snow without moving dirt, power line trucks can't get to many locations without getting stuck. Kind of a miserable mess, at least the temperatures are still somewhat moderate, cold but not brutal cold for those with no power.

/ Third Year In a Row! #40  
Different winter here than in the past. Not as cold, to us, our lowest temps were -25*F, and we only had 15 - 20 days where it got to that. We only spent 40 straight days below freezing and just a few days where it didn’t get above 0. But holy moly the snow and wind. Seemed like it snowed everyday. We are at or close to a record snow amount for the season. Every snow ends with wind and that means drifts and snow removal is always required.