Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,031  
Just less than 1-1/2" for the week, hopefully takes us out of severe drought, cut our yearly deficit so far by half.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,032  
Were are right below 6 inches behind normal rainfall. My disabled friend, who lives at the back of my property, told me I need a water truck to damp down the drive back to his house!
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread
#7,034  
In the last 3 days, including this morning, I've gotten about .71" of rain, and that's the total for this month.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,036  
We received just over 1.5" over the last 3 days here. Weather person on the local news said 2.4" for our town over last 3 days. Usually our numbers are real close to what the weather person reports so not sure why the big difference this time.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread
#7,037  
We received just over 1.5" over the last 3 days here. Weather person on the local news said 2.4" for our town over last 3 days. Usually our numbers are real close to what the weather person reports so not sure why the big difference this time.
We're about 10 miles south of the Denton, TX airport where the official weather report is recorded. Their numbers often match my cheap little rain gauge, but there can also be a huge difference in the numbers in that distance, as there has been this past week.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,038  
In Buffalo we got over 2”s between Thursday night and this morning.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,039  
I was talking to a friend who handles roof claims for insurance companies the other day and he told me that the E. Texas area ha gotten a years worth of abpverage rain fall already so far this year.

i think it’s been a little more in E. Texas. Central Tx is above average but not exceptionally.

Is anyone actually DRY currently?

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,040  
Our big tank had come up over seven feet and was a foot over the spillway Saturday morning and we have gotten another 3" of rain since then. There is enough standing water in the fields that it seems to have drowned all of the fireants and their little ghosts have turned into mosquitos. I would like to have one year that is not too hot, or too cold, too wet or dry. This year is not going to be it.