Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #5,871  
My neighbor down the road is having a baby and his wife said to him you have to get the new water line in it's not going to stop raining anytime soon. Long story short he comes and gets me they sunk the trencher and it took us 2hrs and my 4wd tractor barely got to it and got it out. The trench didn't hold up in several places it was a mess I had to dig a lot of ditch back out with my loader and pipe go in right behind me. I sunk to the front axle every time got a bucket full but never got stuck. He told me he didn't won't to come bother me and me end up getting stuck too,I said that baby is going to need clean water and will get the tractor out someday if it get stuck, I have two more. Anyways rain held off to a sprinkle we got it all done at dark last night.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #5,872  
11146619_1032228496807102_1685424687333104853_n.jpg
Texas Horse

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #5,874  
Spent the weekend in Manor, with my daughter and grand daughter, working on her "birthday present" fence. Came home to find out the reservoir (Lewis Creek Reservoir) that cools out local Entergy powerplant's dam may burst. My friend told me they have been patching and repairing it for over 20 years. Forced evacuation is in effort for the area down stream. News flash, .............my old subdivision where I raised my kids is across the bay for the dam area and is included in the forced evacuation. Kinda glad we split up and I moved out now! Pictures later when my phone decides to send them to my computer.
hugs, Brandi

Last edited:
   / Texas Spring/Summer Thread #5,875  
Okay...........here is what I stopped, last night, very exhausted.5-23-15 Two Panels Boo's Fence.jpg
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #5,877  
Brandi, are you planing on cutting the post off at about 6" and put a fence post topper on the post?
I like the cement base - easy to weed-eat.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #5,879  
Brandi, are you planing on cutting the post off at about 6" and put a fence post topper on the post?
I like the cement base - easy to weed-eat.

Don,
I would like to put solar light caps on all 10 posts, but plain ole black or bronze caps are $3 each. Or was it $4 each? When finished, I'll take my daughter to show her what all we can do on the post tops.
If it was for me, I'd just cut the tops on a 45 from the back. That cement base is 48.5 sacks of 50 pound concrete. Might make a cool scorpion barrier, except at the gate.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #5,880  
Brandi-- You sure build pretty fence. Your daughter has got to love it.

Charlie