Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,212  
Finally ended our 67 day stretch without rain, we had 1.1" here yesterday evening. Now the cracks in the yard are only 1.5" wide :)

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,213  
Nice rain yesterday evening. Broke my new rain gauge mounting it to fence post so don't know how much.
Guess you can go over Bird's house and get a new bottle cap from him!;)
We got a inch and a quarter. The big pond looks the same.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,214  
hugs, Brandi

I think he's 150 or so miles north of me. It would be closer to come steal yours.😂

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,215  
I think he's 150 or so miles north of me. It would be closer to come steal yours.😂
I didn't empty mine in last (year) July's every day nuisance rains and a hole rusted in the it.
Gotta go buy some Dad's Root Beer in bottles.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread
#7,216  
hugs, Brandi
And it's a pretty dry one, too.🤣🤣

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,217  
I watched a big hole open up over us on radar. We didn't get a drop. My bottle cap was dry as a bone. Spent Wednesday grading the driveway and was hoping for a light rain to settle the dust and bind the dirt.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,218  
The last few rains had been raising the pond a few inches here and there. As of yesterdy our gully was still bone dry, as it all soaked in. Today we got around 5 inches of rain. The short, wide tree on the right in the photo is a Cypress tree and full elevation is usually at it's trunk. It is the shallow, inlet end. All the green grass in front of the ducks is the end of the dam. The tree on the left is in my disabled friend's yard with the flooded driveway right behind it. He said he caught 3 catfish with a net there, today. No telling how many went over the spillway.
Pond full September1, 2022.jpg

hugs, Brandi

Last edited:
   / Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,219  
Took a road trip down to Galveston yesterday. I arrived a few minutes before the Texas did. I didn't see the fire boat leading her, but saw it's water cannon salute above the roof of Fisherman's Wharf. Here she is all her glory, after surviving WWI and WWII. Launched 110 years ago. A Texas Shrine.
Texas Full Glory August 31, 2022.jpg

I got choked up when I saw her, thinking back to past times on her with my family. First time was in 1965 with my cousins from Oklahoma.
Here she is zoomed in with her stern almost in position over the drydock.
Texas Drydock Line Handlers August 31, 2022.jpg

hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread
#7,220  
Good pictures, Brandi. And we didn't get as much rain as you did, but we sure enjoyed the end of the drought around here. I got more than an inch and a half of rain and a 40% chance forecast for today.