Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,202  
Still warm and dry here.
Yep, warm and dry here too. Was 104 yesterday in Huntsville.
Had to go 10 miles north of Huntsville, to pick up 4 new 16.9-28 rear tractor tires on new rims.

I won the Big Iron bid at $1300. I needed two for the Mahindra and was quoted $1580 for tires, mounting and disposal.

The new rims will fit my tractor, but all 4 are mounted for the left side and the hub to rim bolt up spacing is backwards to mine. So I gotta take my two rears and the bid won tires and get my rims swapped onto them. Wonder how much that will be? Removing 4 tires and installing two, plus disposal. ASAP, I will auction the other 2 tires on a Big Iron auction.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,203  
I cannot wait to move out of the city. This time next year we will definitely be in the new house. Garage should be up before Halloween.

The weather on our land is consistently 5-10 degrees cooler and gets more moisture, too.

Right now at 10:30p +/- it is still 91 degrees here near FtW.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,206  
We just can’t water enough to keep everything green. We have St. Augustine in East Texas and on the coast - they have been ok. In Central Texas we are just crunchy and dry except for right by the house.

Sure have been a lot of fires. I hope everyone here has and will be spared from any fire loss.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,207  
Saw a grass fire in the median of I-45, yesterday, just south of Huntsville. Little hatch back in front of me got my air horn blown at them for rubbernecking longer than a heartbeat.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,208  
I cannot wait to move out of the city. This time next year we will definitely be in the new house. Garage should be up before Halloween.

The weather on our land is consistently 5-10 degrees cooler and gets more moisture, too.

Right now at 10:30p +/- it is still 91 degrees here near FtW.
I understand about city temps. Downtown Houston, at 8pm, was always about 9-10 degrees warmer than my place. Once I would get out to Hobby, the temp was about 7-8 degrees warmer than my place.
Where will your new place be? I remember you live near Wylie now.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,209  
We are building our final place between Longview and Texarkana. The nearest town is 7 miles away. We are actually on the Fort Worth side of DFW. I've got a kid closer to Wylie. :)

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,210  
I understand about city temps. Downtown Houston, at 8pm, was always about 9-10 degrees warmer than my place. Once I would get out to Hobby, the temp was about 7-8 degrees warmer than my place.
Where will your new place be? I remember you live near Wylie now.
hugs, Brandi
You may have been thinking of me, We are next to Wylie, same Zip code.