Texas Spring/Summer Thread

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,231  
Y'all can stay up there. I've lived north and south. It may be warm at times, but I have never had to shovel heat. I recommend you stick to the Indiana Spring/Summer thread if all you have to do is whine.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,232  
Y'all can stay up there. I've lived north and south. It may be warm at times, but I have never had to shovel heat. I recommend you stick to the Indiana Spring/Summer thread if all you have to do is whine.
I was wondering when someone else would chime in on Texas' defense. Well said.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,233  
Woohoo!!! COLD front came through and lowered the temperature 20 degrees. The bad news, Kyle, is that we got more heavy rain with the temperature drop.

Guess I won't sleep late tomorrow due to high humidity and get outside to enjoy the weather for a change.
hugs, Brandi
We got none again....it went around us.

I've been to south Texas in the summer, twice.
Could never understand why rational humans would want to live there.
It's not bad, unless you don't have A/C

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,234  
We got none again....it went around us.

It's not bad, unless you don't have A/C
Or have to go outside for more than a few minutes.

Dad lived in College Station for a few years, that's why I went to Texas a couple of times. He didn't seen to mind it.
Then there are the fire ants!
And no matter how long you let the water run, the COLD water never gets cold.
Going out side in Indiana in the winter is refreshing, not oppressive.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,235  
Or have to go outside for more than a few minutes.

Dad lived in College Station for a few years, that's why I went to Texas a couple of times. He didn't seen to mind it.
Then there are the fire ants!
And no matter how long you let the water run, the COLD water never gets cold.
Going out side in Indiana in the winter is refreshing, not oppressive.
I forgot to mention taking a couple showers a day, and changing your underwear....and some powder for down under helps too.
https://www.amazon.com/Anti-Monkey-...ds=ball+powder+for+men&qid=1662860384&sr=8-13

Fire Ants, high heat, humidity, hurricanes, tornados, mosquitos, scorpions, black widows, brown recluse, conservative neighbors, copperheads, water moccasins, grass hoppers, the list is long.

I recommend to not move here unless you can deal with these.

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,236  
Fire Ants, high heat, humidity, hurricanes, tornados, mosquitos, scorpions, black widows, brown recluse, conservative neighbors, copperheads, water moccasins, grass hoppers, the list is long.

I recommend to not move here unless you can deal with these.
:eek:
Kyle, you forgot coral snakes. At least we have them over here.
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,238  
Just saw our local area forecast. UGH. Mid to upper 90's for the next week. Only a minimal chance of a rain shower. Looks like my dream of getting a fall hay cutting is fading away. o_O☹️

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,239  
How many cuttings have you got so far this year?
hugs, Brandi

/ Texas Spring/Summer Thread #7,240  
It's pouring here now.
hugs, Brandi