T474 Weight

/ T474 Weight #11  
I have the same truck. The brake controller should be able to stop it. I have to drive through the mountains so my truck isn't going to be enough.

Old topic but relevant. Have you moved your 474 with your F150 5.0l a lot? Just wondering how it did and what trailer you have.

/ T474 Weight
Old topic but relevant. Have you moved your 474 with your F150 5.0l a lot? Just wondering how it did and what trailer you have.
No, my FIL used his f250 and a 10k trailer. My f150 would have **** a brick going up the hills

/ T474 Weight #13  
My T574 is a bit bigger, but I did the math and decided I didn't want to buy a bigger truck just for the (hopefully) rare situations where I wanted to take my tractor off property. I have a stout trailer, but I made sure it wouldn't handle my tractor. This way I will not be tempted to 'try'.

/ T474 Weight #14  
I brought my new T474 home on a 7K-LB equipment trailer shown in my avatar photo this past Friday (12/22) when leaving the dealership about 60 miles away. My Tow Vehicle (TV) is a '21 RAM 3500 Big Horn CC 4WD LB DRW w/CTD HD Torque. Truck had no problem, and the electric brakes on both axles of the trailer worked flawlessly.

Trailer had me a little worried as my calculated T474 HST weight was 5146-LBS per the manual with the loader and loaded rear wheels (+838-lbs). I was probably over the GVWR by a couple hundred pounds as I wasn't aware the rear tires were loaded until I questioned it at the dealership. Had I had that info before I left the house, I would have went to a 'stouter trailer'.

I won't tow the T474 again unless it's on a 7'x20-24' Equipment Trailer w/5200-LB axles (MINIMUM) or better yet dual 7K-LB axles with electric brakes on BOTH AXLES! YMMV...

Last edited: