T post removal

/ T post removal #31  
I use one similiar to yours, but I don't remember paying $25 for it ( but that was several years ago). Getting on / off the tractor to move on to the next
T-post is the most work when working alone. For few posts I can deal with it. But I wouldn't want to work alone if there were a lot of posts to pull .

Cheers,
Mike
Agree, if you have to do a bunch of posts it is a major pain getting on and off equipment. I helped a farmer yank all the posts around a huge field and we used just a chain on a loader. Two quick wraps with the chain and the post is out. He would lower the bucket and I throw the post in and move to the next one. We moved along pretty fast.

/ T post removal #32  
All my steel posts are T-145. The HD version of standard T-posts. I've never had to pull a post where I could not get the tractor. So.... it's a chain loop across the bucket and around the T-post. Angle the bucket so the top and the lip touch the post at the same time. The post never bends.

I have MANY T-posts where I could never get my tractor. If I had to pull any of those - my HI-Lift jack would be my choice.

I have some 675 T-posts for the barbed wire fence around my 80 acres. In all of my 40+ years here - only had to pull half a dozen or so.

Small peanuts.........

/ T post removal #33  
When I want to pull a post I simply wiggle it gently until is starts to loosen and then I move it in a circular motion and they lift out with one hand. Takes no time at all and a lot less time than a tool or driving the tractor from post to post. It also requires very little effort as long as the ground is soft. I generally do this after it rains. I have never bent one of the heavy posts doing it this way. Once in a while I'll get a stubborn one and then I just wrap a chain around in near the ground and pull it out with the tractor.

/ T post removal #34  
I worked with a local farmer to help him get a patent on a T-post removal device that attaches to the bucket of your tractor.
Doesn't look like the design is in stores yet.

/ T post removal #35  
Lots of ways to skin the cat.

If I have a lot of posts to pull I use a FEL mounted tree and post puller I can park my butt in the cab, and it is effortless but not very fast. I do not care that much about efficiency. A couple of times I have wanted to remove some small trees near the posts so the T&P puller let me do both jobs.

If I have a few to pull, it is not worth the time to remove the bucket and attach the T&P puller. Chain is simple enough for me.

Use what works for you.