T post removal

/ T post removal #21  
So far, I haven't bent a single T post using the manual puller. I think I've bent every one that I pulled with my loader.
I was going to mention that. If you wiggle them back and forth to pull by hand, many will be bent. You can try to correct it somewhat if you're careful, but one gets bent posts.

The pullers work well.

/ T post removal #22  
I took a 3 x 6 in piece of channel with about 6 in flat bar weld on the side and 2 ft chain to hook to my loader. In the channel I cut a cross that slips over the t-post. We let it fall down the t-post about 18 ins then lift the loader and out comes the post.

/ T post removal #23  
A chain to the tractor bucket is pretty good at pulling a lot of things. Wrap a few wraps down low. It just needs some lift power with the tractor. The Ford could probably do the steel posts. My little JD 440ic made quick work of pulling wooden posts embedded in concrete.

/ T post removal #24  
You know, if you're not planning on reusing the fencing, then figure out how to pull out the fencing and posts all together. Perhaps separate any wooden posts first. Then send it all to recycling.

I have no doubt my new CAT would make quick work of any fence (although it could make a mess too).

/ T post removal #25  
You know, if you're not planning on reusing the fencing, then figure out how to pull out the fencing and posts all together. Perhaps separate any wooden posts first. Then send it all to recycling.

I have no doubt my new CAT would make quick work of any fence (although it could make a mess too).
I can confirm the mess part. 😢😄. I had a terribly overgrown T-post and 5 strand barbwire fence that a fellow dozed for me. He shoved the mess down into my woods and many of the T-posts sheared off at ground level. I bought a cheap metal detector to find several posts remnants. My rotary cutter found a couple too. 😬

Maybe this should be posted in one of the “Stupid things” threads.

/ T post removal #26  
An old chunk of heavy flat plate and 5 minutes with a torch. Cut a t shape just big enough to fit over the post and a hole to hook a chain. I have used it with the loader, 3 point drawbar and a farm jack. I have also used just a chain making several wraps around the post.

/ T post removal #27  
I can confirm the mess part. 😢😄. I had a terribly overgrown T-post and 5 strand barbwire fence that a fellow dozed for me. He shoved the mess down into my woods and many of the T-posts sheared off at ground level. I bought a cheap metal detector to find several posts remnants. My rotary cutter found a couple too. 😬

Maybe this should be posted in one of the “Stupid things” threads.
I'm pretty sure my parents had their back fence dozed. It would have mostly been cedar posts and woven wire. I'm not quite sure what happened to the old fence. Perhaps it is still in a pile somewhere. Nonetheless, there comes a time when a fence is beyond all hope.

It is quite possible your broken posts were already nearly rusted in half. Other than losing some of those diamond plates on posts, I don't think I've ever seen them sheer. I've bent quite a few.

/ T post removal #28  
I have a Speeco t-post puller plate that works good with the loader and chain. Mostly I use it with the high-lift jack though.

Amazon.com
I use one similiar to yours, but I don't remember paying $25 for it ( but that was several years ago). Getting on / off the tractor to move on to the next
T-post is the most work when working alone. For few posts I can deal with it. But I wouldn't want to work alone if there were a lot of posts to pull .

Cheers,
Mike

/ T post removal #29  
Several devices like this

1704847266390.jpeg

They work fine....

/ T post removal #30  
any chain go around once then the second loop go lower then the first then pull with a farmer jack or FEL … that second loop below the first makes it catch on anything.