T post removal

/ T post removal #1  

drajj5

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 28, Bolens G14 repower
So, I need to hear some tips tricks to puling t post out of the ground. These have been set for years, they are the heavy gauge with (nubs on one side). I "don't" own the high dollar T Post puller, and use the wife and a bucket curl to extract the pesky suckers. I just know that there is someone who has a fantastic and easier way to do this.... So who has that trick ?

/ T post removal #2  
I used to use a fabricated device. Mostly it's a chain wrapped around the post, and a stand the right height to pry the chain and the post out. It always worked.

A couple of years ago, I decided to buy an actual "T post puller". It's faster, and easy to use.

Search Amazon, or E-bay for examples. $50-$90

/ T post removal #3  
Do a search here, there was a lot of previous posts on this subject. Me, I use chain and wife on tractor also. Fast and easy.

what I did do though is I made a small loop with some insulated steel cable. I slip that over post and then use hook on chain to grab loop. As wife raises bucket, loop catches nub and pulls out post.

/ T post removal #4  
Tractor with boom pole or bucket and a few half hitches and it will grab and pull it out

/ T post removal #5  
Chain and either the tractor bucket or the hi-lift jack off the jeep

/ T post removal #6  
I also just use chain and the fel. 3 or so wraps around, then hang the hook on the working end of the chain and it binds up nicely.

/ T post removal #7  
A piece of square tubing bolted to the side of your bucket slide it over the post tilt bucket back lift up and out

/ T post removal #8  
So, I need to hear some tips tricks to puling t post out of the ground. These have been set for years, they are the heavy gauge with (nubs on one side). I "don't" own the high dollar T Post puller, and use the wife and a bucket curl to extract the pesky suckers. I just know that there is someone who has a fantastic and easier way to do this.... So who has that trick ?
chain wrapped works really well...when you have the other end attached to a shackle on a FEL.

/ T post removal #9  
I also just use chain and the fel. 3 or so wraps around, then hang the hook on the working end of the chain and it binds up nicely.
This. Works well and is fast.