T-posts in hard ground - a hack

/ T-posts in hard ground - a hack
you didn't want to press them down with your bucket? also I have seen some people who bolt a spear on their bucket and they sink it in a foot or so then you put your post in the hole and press it some more with the bucket.
Very steep - no way to get a tractor near there - it was even hard to stand as I pounded.

/ T-posts in hard ground - a hack
Adapt and overcome. You have a challenging task. No way I could manual drive 100 T posts in any amount of time considered efficient. :(
Yeah - very challenging - without the drill hack I would have not gotten this far - I think I have about 55-60 or so in already. The good news is that from now on the ground is a bit more level - not level - just not so steep. I will get back at it in a few days. I need to pick up some more posts. And they are costing about $1.50 more per post (6') than I recall.

/ T-posts in hard ground - a hack #15  
That's tough work. Way to go @beowulf!

All the best, Peter

/ T-posts in hard ground - a hack #18  
The one Agri-Supply sells is hundreds cheaper. I won't buy squat from Northern Tool, all their offerings are overpriced.

/ T-posts in hard ground - a hack #19  
Draagging that pounder weighing 30 pounds plus the Tposts, beowulf would be exhausted. Jon
A standard t-post driver weights about 20 pounds so 10 more pounds and you don't have to repeatedly pick up and drop it. I think its a clear winner other than cost.