T-posts in hard ground - a hack

/ T-posts in hard ground - a hack #61  
Friend has a battery powered hammer drill that pushes them in like they were into sand. He got it to drive ground rods for electrical work. But you have to stand on a milk crate to get high enough to start them.

/ T-posts in hard ground - a hack #64  
My 80 acres is fenced with 650 + T-posts. Four strands of barbed wire. Each post was manually driven with my home made 45# pipe - T-post pounder. Glad it was all done 42 years ago. Mile and a half of fence. I must have done it right. Still standing - straight, true and tight.

I was thinking ( smell the wood smoke ). If your ground is so very hard that you can not pound in a T-post - what kind of crop will you grow on that land??

/ T-posts in hard ground - a hack #65  
Anyone know a good place to get t posts without breaking the bank? Best I have found is about $1 a foot. I think I need 250 or so. I don't have my spreadsheet handy, so not 100%. Need 7 foot plus.

/ T-posts in hard ground - a hack #66  
Torvy - that price sounds about right. 40+ years ago - six foot T-145 cost about $4.25. I bought 650 at one time - got a slight price reduction.

Got mine at the local farm & garden store. Part of the reduced price was because they had difficulty selling the heavy duty T-145's and six foot wasn't a popular length.