Snow Pusher with articulation?

/ Snow Pusher with articulation? #1  

DarkHelmet

Tractor
Mahindra 2538 HST Cab
Is there such a thing as a pusher that articulates like a plow does? The ground I'm clearing isn't flat like a parking lot so it would help if the pusher had a way of keeping itself in contact with the ground.

I have a Mahindra 2538 HST Cab.

/ Snow Pusher with articulation? #2  
Are you just talking "floating" with side to side variation? They make adapter plates for SS that allows side to side movement and even angling. Beyond that, most pushers just have a hard mounted skid steer plate.

A regular truck style floating plow with WINGS, to be quite similar to a pusher, might be your only option.

/ Snow Pusher with articulation?
Not just floating the loader arms. The ability for the pusher to float left and right (don't know a better way to describe it). So if the ground is higher on one side than the other the pusher wouldn't leave a lot of snow on one side

/ Snow Pusher with articulation? #4  
Added a note to my post. Welcome to plowing in the country. The only thing worse (much worse actually) than not doing a good job clearing snow, is having to repair a lot of damage in the spring.

/ Snow Pusher with articulation? #5  
So you need a center pivot type connection ? Or, a chain link on one side to allow it to drop, yet still push and lift. Sounds do-able.

/ Snow Pusher with articulation? #6  
Almost all pushers are ridged structures that have a Skid Steer plate welded on to them. Where is one going to attach a chain link?

/ Snow Pusher with articulation? #7  
I’ve never seen anything that pivots that way. Typically the fixed rear axle is at the same angle as the road and blade or pusher.

If you need something for a specific task please elaborate.

/ Snow Pusher with articulation? #8  
Not just floating the loader arms. The ability for the pusher to float left and right (don't know a better way to describe it). So if the ground is higher on one side than the other the pusher wouldn't leave a lot of snow on one side

Compared to an airplane:
PITCH is tipping forward and backwards to climb and dive, like dump and curl on a loader bucket.
YAW is pointing left or right, like angling a snowplow blade left and right.
ROLL is like waggling your wings, left down right goes up, right down left goes up, like if your snowplow could pivot in the center so when the left goes up, the right goes down. That would be called oscillation, I believe.

Now if you wanted both the left and the right of the pusher to be able to drop independantly, that would be called articulation, like articulated mowing decks that can handle undulating ground without scalping. I've never seen a pusher that could articulate.

/ Snow Pusher with articulation? #9  
I also have been thinking of this problem as my drive is not all that flat.
On my old plow truck the worn out pivot holes took care of that problem to a certain extent.
Consequently I have given thought to simply changing from round to oval as a possible solution.
One problem that as a solution it poses is that the plow would 'ride up' thus changing the angle of attack and cause the blade to dig (push down) and that in turn would lessen down pressure on my blade.
as the front would be pushed upwards. Already steering is difficult enough with a snow load up front. (I have damaged rims from excessive crabbing)

Gotta just accept that CUTs are not heavy enough to handle heavy snow 'push' loads I guess.

Moss road makes mention of aircraft terminology, LOL so what we need are trim tabs on our plow blades.

/ Snow Pusher with articulation? #10  
Compared to an airplane:
PITCH is tipping forward and backwards to climb and dive, like dump and curl on a loader bucket.
YAW is pointing left or right, like angling a snowplow blade left and right.
ROLL is like waggling your wings, left down right goes up, right down left goes up, like if your snowplow could pivot in the center so when the left goes up, the right goes down. That would be called oscillation, I believe.

Now if you wanted both the left and the right of the pusher to be able to drop independantly, that would be called articulation, like articulated mowing decks that can handle undulating ground without scalping. I've never seen a pusher that could articulate.

I was expecting you would use your airplane terminology instead of left right.......I might still be confused what direction he wants the pusher to move.....I think it’s Yaw but maybe it is Roll.