Seized Engine

/ Seized Engine
Thanks fellas for all the advice. It's put all back together and will most likely put it up for sale as is. If I was to part it out I know I could make more money than selling it whole but have too many other projects to take care. I'm thinking I can get anywhere between $300 - $500 for it here in my area as it sits. Everything is on it so with a little bit of money and time I'm sure it would be a great machine for someone who can wrench on it themselves. Other than time I don't have anything into it.

/ Seized Engine #52  
I agree, if the op has the time and inclination to tear it down it worth a look to see if it can be fixed. Isn’t the transmission part of the crankcase on these? What happens if all that metal was circulating around in there? I can’t answer that but it can’t be good.

/ Seized Engine #53  
I'd dive in, and fix it, but that's me... Parts are available, everywhere.

If you're going to sell it and are not committed to fixing it, I'd advise to NOT take it apart further. I've always shied away from the "apart, in pieces" listings, unless the price is like $50.
I just shied away from a few projects at a farm. He had three engines he had ripped out of wrecked trucks he bought. Had three other trucks he had no engines in. Wanted me to put all that together on a remote farm under a four post shed. Them "I already took it apart" type of projects are at the bottom of my list. I can see many 20 mile trips to town, lots of research of what does what and goes where. If I take it apart, no problem putting back together. Them recent projects were modern diesel pickups, they can be complicated at times. Been sitting out in the sun with no hoods. That means white plastic is busted, radiator overflow tank, windshield washer tank, power steering reservoir, brake master cylinder. They don't think about that.

/ Seized Engine #54  
Thanks fellas for all the advice. It's put all back together and will most likely put it up for sale as is. If I was to part it out I know I could make more money than selling it whole but have too many other projects to take care. I'm thinking I can get anywhere between $300 - $500 for it here in my area as it sits. Everything is on it so with a little bit of money and time I'm sure it would be a great machine for someone who can wrench on it themselves. Other than time I don't have anything into it.
Too far for me, but if it was in my neck woods we would be talking. You should not have much trouble selling at those numbers.

/ Seized Engine #55  
Well cripes one member on here is selling a low hr nortrac dozer, now another's selling a a broken Yamaha 4wheeler. Imo both are pretty reasonable fair prices unfortunately both live over 1k miles away in TX lol.

/ Seized Engine #56  
Been thinking the same thing. Then again things pop up, just need cash. Not something I have this time of year.

/ Seized Engine #57  
Too far for me, too...

/ Seized Engine #58  
One final thought if you can bring it to an auction? Who knows how much some ones willing to pay for it, I'm usually blown away what some ones broken well worn stuff goes for especially these days.
Good luck.

/ Seized Engine #59  
When you sell something like this you have to know how to market it. First drag it out in waist high brush. Snap two or three pictures, at dusk, with a 12 year old cell phone. If necessary edit the photos on a computer to make them extra grainy. Then place on Facebook Marketplace for $1000 or obo, running when parked.

/ Seized Engine #60  
When you sell something like this you have to know how to market it. First drag it out in waist high brush. Snap two or three pictures, at dusk, with a 12 year old cell phone. If necessary edit the photos on a computer to make them extra grainy. Then place on Facebook Marketplace for $1000 or obo, running when parked.
Remind me to not purchase anything from your neck of the woods. Lol