Seized Engine

/ Seized Engine #31  
It might end up looking like this engine

5383D186-8617-4CBE-9572-343009E09444.jpeg
792B8E08-D761-4246-9C47-8E74326A1258.jpeg
95F69A55-1417-43FA-B848-57B16876E7F6.jpeg
97A7B2A3-28F8-4FF5-83A7-F5B91B91A377.jpeg

/ Seized Engine
I thought about buying one of those cheap cylinder/piston kits from amazon or eBay but I feel like it will just lead me down the rabbit hole and will end up spending more money and time on it. If I needed the machine it would be a no brainer for me to repair it but I'm leaning towards putting it up for sale as is and let them know everything that I know. I could always use the extra beer money.

/ Seized Engine #33  
No harm in pulling it apart and seeing what it needs ....and if nothing more to appease the curiosity of just what failed and why. For me, I could never sell or part with it without knowing just what went wrong....

/ Seized Engine
No harm in pulling it apart and seeing what it needs ....and if nothing more to appease the curiosity of just what failed and why. For me, I could never sell or part with it without knowing just what went wrong....
I totaly get this and feel the same but my main issue is time and space for the machine. At the moment I have the garage space but that's only due to my car being in the body shop. Once I get it back I have nowhere to keep the machine where I can work on it.

/ Seized Engine #35  
Do you have a borescope available to do a peek down the lightening hole?
An endoscope on Amazon or Flea Bay is cheap. They jack into your cell phone and provide a look-see inside for around 15 bucks.

if it was my project, I'd put some acetone-ATF in the jug and then slowly rock the crank back and forth until it broke free. Just how I'd approach it.

/ Seized Engine #36  
An endoscope on Amazon or Flea Bay is cheap. They jack into your cell phone and provide a look-see inside for around 15 bucks.

if it was my project, I'd put some acetone-ATF in the jug and then slowly rock the crank back and forth until it broke free. Just how I'd approach it.
Imo the engines condition is well beyond the acetone and ATF stage to free. Lol. I had no idea until this post a "rebuilt" replacement long block is 2k+

/ Seized Engine

I got it broken free already a couple of days ago. Only thing that will fix it now is pretty much a engine rebuild at worst or piston/jug kit at best.

/ Seized Engine
Imo the engines condition is well beyond the acetone and ATF stage to free. Lol. I had no idea until this post a "rebuilt" replacement long block is 2k+
Yup and I don't think the machine is worth that much once it's up and running.

/ Seized Engine #39  
Yup and I don't think the machine is worth that much once it's up and running.
If it was mine I problaby wouldnt stop at the engine but end up rebuilding the CVT drive system or at least a new drive belt and keep going from there, If that 400 had independent rear suspension it would be more desirable imo.
It was free however? what's the miles on it?

/ Seized Engine
If it was mine I problaby wouldnt stop at the engine but end up rebuilding the CVT drive system or at least a new drive belt and keep going from there, If that 400 had independent rear suspension it would be more desirable imo.
It was free however? what's the miles on it?
Shows right over 1000 but I believe it can be reset with the dial on the side of the odometer.