Rpms for backhoe

/ Rpms for backhoe #31  
My manual said no less than 70% or 75% of rated full throttle. I’ve spent enough hours on it that I just operate the BH at WOT. the more time you spend on it the better you’ll get.
Actually, I think think the manual says is "can be operated at any engine speed from about 75% of rated rpm to factory rated rpm." That doesn't say it cannot be operated at other speeds. Though I grant you, your interpretation of what Kubota wanted to say, is probably more correct than my interpretation.
i enjoy working the back hoe. But I don't like all the noise at 75% (or greater). So I'll stick to my 1000 to 1,400 rpm's and pay whatever price that speed demands

/ Rpms for backhoe #32  
Actually, I think think the manual says is "can be operated at any engine speed from about 75% of rated rpm to factory rated rpm." That doesn't say it cannot be operated at other speeds. Though I grant you, your interpretation of what Kubota wanted to say, is probably more correct than my interpretation.
i enjoy working the back hoe. But I don't like all the noise at 75% (or greater). So I'll stick to my 1000 to 1,400 rpm's and pay whatever price that speed demands
Me too !!!!

/ Rpms for backhoe #33  
Because my tractor has the region cat I try not to run it at less than 2000 to 2400 RPM's. Unless I need 540 PTO speed which is 2900 RPM's.

/ Rpms for backhoe #34  
Luv my BH

038BF582-FD59-4488-ABD3-6E68FB370227.jpeg

/ Rpms for backhoe #36  
Regarding rpm's..... I have hardly ever had it near high rpm's. I hardly ever have it at maybe 50%. Just no need for it, I can get what I need done at just above idle speeds. Every now & then I'll juice it up a bit but I'm in the camp of slower & easy.

Bout the only time(s) I'll lean into the rpm's is if I'm ripping out a stump. Everything else is usually a faster than fast, idle.

/ Rpms for backhoe #37  
Regarding rpm's..... I have hardly ever had it near high rpm's. I hardly ever have it at maybe 50%. Just no need for it, I can get what I need done at just above idle speeds. Every now & then I'll juice it up a bit but I'm in the camp of slower & easy.

Bout the only time(s) I'll lean into the rpm's is if I'm ripping out a stump. Everything else is usually a faster than fast, idle.

Ditto!
You have a full size machine, and I have a medium size (L48) machine.
I think that the little add-on tractor backhoes just don't have the same sort of hydraulic pump flow/volume that our larger machines do.
They actually may need to run at higher RPM to get sufficient hydraulic power.

Last edited:
   / Rpms for backhoe #38  
Interesting thread for me, as I just acquired my own backhoe, and am not very experienced with it yet. I found at full low idle, it was slow, not very strong, and did lug the engine a little. But 1800-2000 rpms was plenty and I found no reason to rev higher. Definitely a little louder to run at 1800 instead of 1200, but it seemed necessary. Will play around some more on my next job.

/ Rpms for backhoe #39  
When I operate the backhoe rpm's are 2000

willy