Rear remote w/ or w/o draft control

/ Rear remote w/ or w/o draft control #1  

Torvy

Tractor
TYM T574H
Kubota experts, in my search for clarity, I have run across something I find strange in the pricing of a 4701, not sure yet if it applies to other models...

I want an apples to apples comparison, so I am equipping all of my potential tractors as closely as possible. Hence, 2 rear remotes. This is not about whether I will need them, just about this pricing/selection anomaly.

There are two options on the 4701 build my Kubota for rear remotes. One is compatible with draft control, the other is not. My pea brain figured that the one compatible with draft control would be pricier. As it turns out, it is about $100 cheaper to get the compatible version. I don't plan to plow, so I don't think I want/need draft control. The website doesn't require draft control purchase to get the compatible version. For information purposes, the draft control option is another $483.

What am I missing? Why would I want to pay the $100 more for less potential function? Why would they even offer two options then? What is it about the compatible version that I want to avoid? My cynical mind seems to think there is a missing piece of information here. help!

/ Rear remote w/ or w/o draft control #2  
I have no idea but can only speculate.

I am guessing you cannot "actually" use a draft control compatible remote if the tractor isnt optioned for draft control. And vice versa.

I dont think you will gain or loose anything in terms of the remotes. They will function the same.

Rather the difference is something with the hydraulics, plumbing, hose routing, or valve. The installation of the and components must be different. IE: Not the same kit/parts to install a remote on a draft control equipped tractor vs non-draft control. And apparently the difference in components/install is $100.

IF you dont need draft control....why spend $483 for something you dont need only to save $100 on the remotes.

/ Rear remote w/ or w/o draft control #3  
Here's a guess. A remote valve slice with float has a physically larger centering spring/detent housing than a self centering valve slice less float. The physical constraints of the valve with float may not be compatible with the draft control linkage. Valves with float are more costly than valves without float and $100 would be a ballpark difference. I'd want at least one valve with float on my tractor.

/ Rear remote w/ or w/o draft control #4  
Here's a guess. A remote valve slice with float has a physically larger centering spring/detent housing than a self centering valve slice less float. The physical constraints of the valve with float may not be compatible with the draft control linkage. Valves with float are more costly than valves without float and $100 would be a ballpark difference. I'd want at least one valve with float on my tractor.
I expect you are right.

The Kubota draft control offered for the L series tractors is a bit of a Rube Goldberg, composed entirely of external linkages.

I expect that various valves, valve controls, etc., interfere with the draft control linkages, control, etc., requiring alternative arrangements.

FWIW, I have dual remotes (no float) and draft control (wouldn't buy it again) on my L6060 ROPS.

SDT

/ Rear remote w/ or w/o draft control #5  
Kubota experts, in my search for clarity, I have run across something I find strange in the pricing of a 4701, not sure yet if it applies to other models...

I want an apples to apples comparison, so I am equipping all of my potential tractors as closely as possible. Hence, 2 rear remotes. This is not about whether I will need them, just about this pricing/selection anomaly.

There are two options on the 4701 build my Kubota for rear remotes. One is compatible with draft control, the other is not. My pea brain figured that the one compatible with draft control would be pricier. As it turns out, it is about $100 cheaper to get the compatible version. I don't plan to plow, so I don't think I want/need draft control. The website doesn't require draft control purchase to get the compatible version. For information purposes, the draft control option is another $483.

What am I missing? Why would I want to pay the $100 more for less potential function? Why would they even offer two options then? What is it about the compatible version that I want to avoid? My cynical mind seems to think there is a missing piece of information here. help!
If you are pricing out the L4701 I would price out the MX5400. I would be surprised if the MX5400 is more than $2K higher than the L4701.

/ Rear remote w/ or w/o draft control
If you are pricing out the L4701 I would price out the MX5400. I would be surprised if the MX5400 is more than $2K higher than the L4701.
In the Kubota line, my net goes from a 3301 to a M5660suhd..the MX falls in that span.. As I approach a final decision, the standard L does not have enough loader capacity for my needs. Even the smaller Grand L falls short.

/ Rear remote w/ or w/o draft control #7  
My Kubota M6040 has draft control. Tried using it - once - with my moldboard plow. Too many rocks. I've never found another use for draft control.

/ Rear remote w/ or w/o draft control #8  
Torvy - you are spending so much time - making the correct choice. That's good. Just don't be fooled by the FEL lift capacities in the "spec section" of the tractors you are considering.

You know exactly how high you'll be lifting and how heavy you'll be lifting.

Look at the lift graphs in the FEL OP Manuals. The lift graphs are prepared by mechanical engineers working for the tractor company. The "spec section" is prepared by ad folks attempting to sell tractors.

The "spec section" data gives you a TINY slice of the capacities of the FEL.

The lift graphs cover the capacities from ground zero to max lift height.

/ Rear remote w/ or w/o draft control #9  
Torvy - you are spending so much time - making the correct choice. That's good. Just don't be fooled by the FEL lift capacities in the "spec section" of the tractors you are considering.

You know exactly how high you'll be lifting and how heavy you'll be lifting.

Look at the lift graphs in the FEL OP Manuals. The lift graphs are prepared by mechanical engineers working for the tractor company. The "spec section" is prepared by ad folks attempting to sell tractors.

The "spec section" data gives you a TINY slice of the capacities of the FEL.

The lift graphs cover the capacities from ground zero to max lift height.

/ Rear remote w/ or w/o draft control #10  
I don't understand how anyone doing any dirt work, specifically dirt leveling could possibly do it without having draft control on the tractor. When I'm doing dirt work it is always done with draft control. It's not just for plowing. I've never owned a tractor without it.