Thinking of financing a mx54

/ Thinking of financing a mx54 #31  
Not sure why anyone would want cast centers and loaded tires when running hay. The Cast centers add an additional 500 plus pounds to each wheel, depending on rim diameter.

/ Thinking of financing a mx54 #33  
about 1500 more than I paid 6 years ago

/ Thinking of financing a mx54 #34  
That trailer in my area is about $11K. I have loaded tires but no cast weights and my 6’ cutter is more like 1000#.
600# weights and a cutter that is 600# more than yours is why I "can" get to over 8k and why a 10k trailer wouldn't work for me.

And trailer prices seem to be easing in the past few months

/ Thinking of financing a mx54 #35  
For starters you said "double 10k axle". While they DO make heavy duty axles that are single tire and 10k rated.....not for $5500. So I can only assume you meant double 5k axles....IE: a 10k trailer total.

A much more common 14k trailer dont add much money, and gives you plenty of spare capacity. With ballast, loader, and an attachment on the tractor I can have my MX weighing over 8000# pretty easy. Which would make me uncomfortable on a 10k trailer.

I bought this little beast of a trailer a while back. It legit has double 10k axels. But I agree it’s definitely not $5500 new for 10k super singles and I also agree that upgrading to a 14k trailer for not a lot of money or empty weight increase is a good decision.
IMG_2338.JPG
IMG_2141.JPG

/ Thinking of financing a mx54 #36  
600# weights and a cutter that is 600# more than yours is why I "can" get to over 8k and why a 10k trailer wouldn't work for me.

And trailer prices seem to be easing in the past few months
Well you made the appropriate choice for your trailer. We all need to consider our weights and our uses before making a choice. The trailer I bought fits my needs: it will safely haul my tractor with implement, but isn’t too large for my many other purposes.

/ Thinking of financing a mx54 #37  
You seem to be trying to stay under a certain price point as much as possible. If you want a tractor that will last you your lifetime, check out the Yanmar YM359. I think if you compare the specs and $ to the Kubota you are looking at you will be pleasantly surprised. This is assuming you have a Yanmar dealer within an hour of you, which is not always the case.

/ Thinking of financing a mx54 #38  
Well you made the appropriate choice for your trailer. We all need to consider our weights and our uses before making a choice. The trailer I bought fits my needs: it will safely haul my tractor with implement, but isn’t too large for my many other purposes.
Actually I have a 24k gooseneck but looking to drop to a 14k

My point wasn't to start a feud.

The point was....people look at a bare 3800# tractor and think 10k is more than enough.

But in reality, loader and other attachments, ballast, etc can add up quicker than one realizes.

The cost of buying too small now is alot.

As 4570 said, a 14k isn't much of a penalty in unladen weight or cost. And gives room to grow in the future, or haul more attachments without fear of being at the max.

/ Thinking of financing a mx54 #39  
Actually I have a 24k gooseneck but looking to drop to a 14k

My point wasn't to start a feud.

The point was....people look at a bare 3800# tractor and think 10k is more than enough.

But in reality, loader and other attachments, ballast, etc can add up quicker than one realizes.

The cost of buying too small now is alot.

As 4570 said, a 14k isn't much of a penalty in unladen weight or cost. And gives room to grow in the future, or haul more attachments without fear of being at the max.
Very true. But I was looking for a trailer that would be sufficient for occasional tractor hauling, but small enough for other uses such as UTV, lumber, hay, feed, etc…

/ Thinking of financing a mx54 #40  
Love my gear drive l3240 with a shuttle. No whine and no loader problems. And the wife can drive it just fine.

Jeff